Kids will LOVE this super cute rhyming words worksheets to make practicing sounding out words fun for pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Children will choose a Watermelon CVC rhyming words card and find the matching short vowel sound and then cut and paste a watermelon juice cup to find its rhyme. These free printable cut and paste worksheets are such a fun way to practice rhyming with kids.
Rhyming Words Worksheets
Nothing says summer like watermelon! So we created this fun, watermelon themed activity to help you sneak in some fun summer learning so kids don’t forget what they learned last year and to sure up some phonics skills with phonemic awareness for next year. This summer cvc activity is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Grab the super cute watermelon theme cards and you are ready for this fun and free CVC Rhyming Words activity.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this hands on, educational activity for summer learning! Use it in a cvc center, supplement to your phonics curriculum, or any other way that woks for you to make learning fun for young learners.
Cut and Paste Worksheets
Print as many sets as you need for the number of students in your class. These rhyming cut and paste worksheets include 4 templates. We’ve included both color versions and black and white rhyming printables. The blackline version is great for saving on printer ink costs. Be sure to have enough of these printables to create several CVC rhyming puzzle mats for the number of students in your group. You could also choose to laminate the print outs for durability and re-use.
CVC Rhyming Words
I LOVE using learning mats – they are so much fun for kids and best of all, they are quick to setup and play! Use these puzzles to help kids learn to read and match rhyming words. Kids will be motivated to create watermelon juice ‘rhyme’ matches with CVC words short vowel sounds using these fun watermelon themed printables. After you’ve printed and laminated (optional) the printables, give one to each child. They read a CVC word on the watermelon on the paper and then find the matching watermelon juice cup with the rhyming word. They will then cut and paste the cup next to the watermelon. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for all the watermelon. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the matching words.
Rhyming skills and phonological awareness is such an important step for kids learning to read, it’s important we give them plenty of ways to practice these skills.
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards!
Are you planning a watermelon theme this week? Don’t miss these fun ideas and free resources:
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough mats
- Rows and rows of Watermelon Number Lines
- Cute Watermelon Suncatcher Craft
- W is for Watermelon Hand Art Project
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Watermelon Counting Book
- Hands-on Watermelon Alphabet Mats
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Count to 10 Watermelon Clip Cards
- Watermelon Theme for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Puzzles
- Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities
- Cooking up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Butterfly Rhyming Games
- Rhyming Clip Cards
- Printable Strawberry Themed Rhyming Cards
- Robot Rhyme Puzzle Game
- Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Smores Rhyming Games for Preschoolers
- Beehive Rhyming Games for Preschool
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Rhyme in December with these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
Free Rhyming Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!