This free printable S’Mores themed Skip Counting Activity is perfect for a summer or camping theme math activity for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade and 4th grade students. Practice counting and tracing numbers is a great way for children to practice and improve their knowledge of the numbers and simple math skills.
Skip Counting Activity
Summer means camping, campfires, quality time as a family, running through the sprinklers, popsicles, pool time, summer break, and of course smores! Use these skip counting worksheets are a great way to practice counting in multiples. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, this reusable Skip Counting Activity is a math printable kids will be excited to use over and over again. This is great for summer learning, extra practice or as a math center in your classroom. These fun mats are a great way to introduce counting in multiples which makes them a great activity to complete before introducing basic multiplication. Use this with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
In this pack, there are two mats per page. Children will be writing the numbers as they count, in all the multiplies from one through ten. There are also two sets of mats, one set already has the numbers which children can trace while they learn while the second set only has the first number, and children will need to complete the rest on their own.
Skip Counting Printable
HINT: I suggest laminating the pages and using them with a dry erase marker to make them reusable.
Skip Counting Practice
Each summer counting mat helps students practice counting by a different multiple. It features two graham crackers with chocolate and many marshmallows in between these delicious smore sandwiches! There are three things I suggest doing with each S’more Math Card:
- Students will then read through the numbers to practice skip counting
- Trace the numbers on the marshmallow layers to practice not only counting by groups, but also to trace numbers to improve fine motor skills and strengthening hands
- Fill in the blank Smore Counting Cards to practice skip counting
- Finally, you can have students put mini marshmallows on each level to count by the number indicated. As an example, if you were counting by 3s, you would put 3 mini marshmallows on each marshmallow level so kids can count by 3s using a fun, edible math manipulative
Students will love this fun, hands on, learning activity. We just love making educational activities engaging so kids want to learn! In this pack students will count the by the following multiples:
- Count by 1s (1-10)
- Count by 2s (1-20)
- Count by 3s (1-30)
- Count by 4s (1-40)
- Count by 5s (1-50)
- Count by 6s (1-60)
- Count by 7s (1-70)
- Count by 8s (1-80)
- Count by 9s (1-90)
- Count by 10s (1-100)
Skip Counting Activities
Looking for more fun, engaging activities to help kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students practice skip counting? Try these free printable ideas:
- If you enjoyed skip counting using dot to dot printables you’ll love these ocean animal themed worksheets
- Constellations Skip Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Sundae Skip Counting Activity
- Multiplication Cards
- Hopping Numbers Printable
- Skip Counting Posters are great visuals for kindergarten math
- Craft Stick Skip Counting Activity (fantastic visual!)
- Where in the World Skip Counting Puzzles
- Skip Counting with Number Trains
- Follow the paths skip counting worksheets
- See all of our of skip counting activities
- Camping Tracing Strips
- Camping with Kids: Tips & Tricks
- 10 Games to Play Around a Campfire
- Camping Theme for a weeks worth of educational activities for kids of all ages
- Smores Rhyming Words Activity
- Camping Counting Book
- S’Mores Board
- Camping Worksheets for Kids
- Marshmallow Ten Frame Activity
Smores Counting mats
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.