This Bubble word families activity makes it lots of fun for kindergarten and first grade kids to practice identifying word families and rhyming.
Are you as excited as I am to get outside with all this nice weather? I just love spring and summer when we can spend more time enjoying the fresh air, sunshine, blooming flowers, green grass, and majestic trees!
Nothing says outside more than bubbles! Kids love blowing bubbles. And it is actually good for them strengthening mouth muscles, controlling air – my sons speach pathologist had him do that repeatedly!
With spring fever hitting, most kids are reluctant to do regular, boring school. They want to be playing! So we just have to make learning more fun to help them engage and continue to learn materials in a fun, hands-on educational activity. You will love this low prep, word family activity for helping preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 improve reading readiness.
Why Word Families?
Word families are important because they help young children recognize and analyze word patterns when they are learning to read. When teaching analytic phonics, teachers use word families to help children understand these patterns and that certain words have the same letter combinations and sounds
Word Family Games
This free printable for teaching word families kindergarten is low prep making it great to whip out and prep for anytime!
Word Family Printables
Kids will sort the bubble pictures by sounding out the words. They will listen for the rhyming word family in this word family games for first grade and place the bubble by bubble container mat with the same word family sound.
This is such a great way for kids to practice rhyming words and organizing word families.
- ap word family – sap, cap map, lap
- ed word family – fed, red, bed, sled, wed
- en word family – hen, den, ten, pen, men
- et word family – pet, net, wet, jet, Vet
- in word family – win, tin, pin, fin, bin
- ip word family – hip, lip, drip, dip, rip,
- it word family – bit, pit, lit, sit, hit,
- og word family -fog, hod, dog, jog, log
- op word famiy – pop, hop, mop, top, cop
- ot word family – lot, pot, hot, dot, tot
- ub word family – hub, cub, tub, sub, scrub
- ug word family – hug, mug, jug, bug, rug
- un word family – fun, Nun, bun, run, sun,
Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Snowman Word Family Printable Spinners
- Christmas Tree Word Family Game
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Game
- Turkey Word Family Activity
- Kindergarten Word Family Sliders
- CVC Words Booklents – short “a”
- Pumpkin Word Family Printables
- Easter Word Family Activity
- Flower Word Family worksheets Cut & Paste
- Transportation Word Family Printable Sliders (Blends)
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Rhyming Word Family Printable Strips
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
Summer Learning Activities
Plus, don’t miss these fun educational summer activities for young learners. They are perfect for sneaking in some summer learning!
- Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles
- Summer Sun Alphabet Tracing
- Summer Sight Word Printable Mazes
- Versatile Summer Count, Trace, and Clip Cards
- Number Bonds to 10 Math Craft
- Blueberries for Sal Math Activity
- Ice Cream Story Time Math
- Printable Summer Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Summer Math Craft
- Printable Summer Reading Logs
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20 Activity
- 31 July Crafts for Kids
Download Bubble Word Families Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!