Kids will have fun practicing sorting coins with these free printable money mats. This math activity is a fun way for children to work on visual discrimination as they learn about various coins in American money from pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. Learning to tell the different between American money and how much they are work is an important skill for pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
We love hands on activities for making learning fun! This money activity for kindergartners, preschoolers, and grade 1 students is a great way for them to begin to recognize the differences in size, pictures, and value of United States coins. As children begin sorting coins on our Printable Money Mats they will learn to recognize coins by the front and the back sides. We have various options for each.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this hand, no prep math activity. Use it for extra practice, summer learning, supplement as you learn at home, at a money math center in your classroom, or in addition to your homeschool math curriculum.
Printable Money Mats
Coin Recognition Game
There are three different coin sorting mats to choose from. Each is slightly different – pick the one that works best for teaching money to your students. You will also need either real money or realistic looking pretend money
Coin Recognition Activities
Give students a handful of American coins to sort. This math activity allows kids to work on coin recognition both sides of the coin and the value of the coins as well.
One of the mats includes pictures of the coin faces as a help for younger kids. Students will begin to recognize differences in the color, size, and appearance of the pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. This is such a fun, hands on coin sorting math activity for kindergartners and first graders.
Looking for more fun, free printable Counting Money Worksheets and games to make practicing counting American money.
- Color by Coin Worksheet
- Money Booklet for learning about American money
- Hungry Caterpillars Counting Money Game
- Mini Golf Money Practice
- Counting Coins Games Clip Cards
- 25 Fun Money Games
- Coin Puzzles – Printable Money Games
- Carnival Subtracting Money Games
- Robot Counting Money Practice
- 25 Money Math Games
- Grocery Store Money Task Cards
- Parts of a Dollar flip Book
- Bankable Counting Money Activities
- Cut and Paste Money Worksheets
- See all of our many Money for Kids activities for young learners
Looking for more kindergarten math activities to make learning fun? You will love these free printable activities:
- Free Kindergarten Math Games
- Printable Kindergarten Math Crafts
- 2000+ Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
- Glue Number Bonds Worksheets
- Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Free Number Writing Practice
- Summer Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Roll to 100 Hundreds Chart Games
- Dinosaur Color by Number
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Pool Number Tracing
- What Comes Next Math
- Crayon Colors Kindergarten Math Craft
- Goldfish Addition Practice
- Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
Download Coin Sorting Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!