Help kids learn about american money with these FREE printable Coin Recognition Sorting Mats perfect for kindergarten and first grade hands-on math.
- What Comes Next back to School Math
- Crayon Colors Math Craft
- Sandcastle Subtraction Math Craft
- Counting with Goldfish activity
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Fall addition Sticker Math Worksheets
- addition Tic Tact Toe Math Game
There are three different coin sorting mats to choose from. Each is slightly different – pick the one that works best for teaching money to your students.
Give students a handful of american coins to sort. This math activity allows kids to work on coin recognition both sides of the coin and the value of the coins as well.
One of the mats includes pictures of the coin faces as a help for younger kids. Students will begin to recognize differences in the color, size, and appearance of the pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. This is such a fun, hands on coin sorting math activity for kindergartners and first graders.
Looking for other fun, hands on activities to teach kids about money and counting coins. You will love these free printables:
- Teaching Money Puzzles
- Color the Coins Worksheets to work on coin recognition
- 25 Fun Money Games for Kids
- Money Cut and Paste Book
- Grocery Task Cards Money Game
- Hungry Caterpillars Money Game
- Mini Golf Mini Games
- Robot Money Practice
- Money Mini Book
Download Coin Sorting Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!