Kids will have fun practicing counting with this super cute who stole the cookies from the cookie jar printable story. This fun book based activity doubles as a counting activity can be done with crayons, markers, colored pencils, mini erasers, or as playdough mats. Simply print the cookie jar printable and have fun using the cookie jar template for an engaging math activitiy for kindergarten, preschool, and pre-k students.
Cookie Jar Printable
Looking for a fun, literature based math activity for kindergartners and preschoolers? You will love this adorable free cookie jar printable that helps students practicing counting with a hands on counting activity. This count to 10 math practice is an extension activity for who stole the cookies from the cookie jar printable story. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this free printable book activity for kids!
Cookie Jar Template
Cookie jar counting worksheet
With my kiddos, I always have my eyes peeled for books that relay songs or rhymes they already know well. Books like these give pre- and early readers confidence, since they are already familiar with the text. When I came across Who Took The Cookie From The Cookie Jar?, I knew it would be perfect for a sweet story time. Read on to learn more about the book and grab your printable cookie jars!
Cookie jar template printable
The text within Who Took The Cookie From The Cookie Jar? is based entirely around the popular children’s’ song. No doubt, your kids have sung it with a group of friends or classmates in the past. They’ll love the familiarity, and it will shine through in the fluency they demonstrate while reading along. The song is easy to adapt to your own group, since it can bounce from child to child simply by inserting each name in the rhyme.
Cookie jar counting printable
There’s the opportunity to integrate singing and music along with your read aloud, which can interest even reluctant young readers. Viviana Garofoli provided the illustrations for Who Took The Cookie From The Cookie Jar? The children are drawn in a simple, cheerful style. Kids will love watching the class in the book follow the trail of cookie crumbs as they investigate who really took the cookie! The images are bright and colorful, so they’ll capture kids’ attention during a read aloud
I created some simple and cute printables to incorporate basic math skills into this cookie jar story time. Print off a copy for each student, and encourage them to fill their cookie jars with the appropriate number of cookies.
Math Activity for Preschoolers
These worksheets are flexible, and offer several options for ‘filling’ the jars. Markers, crayons, or colored pencils to draw cookies are an obvious choice. Fingerprints with a brown stamp pad are fun ‘hands-on’ option. I used the eraser end of a pencil as a stamp with some brown paint.
Math Activity for Kindergartners
If you laminate your pages, they can be reused in the future, and pair well with Play-Doh or dry erase markers ‘cookies’. Small brown buttons or pom-poms would be perfect math manipulatives for this activity, and would incorporate a bit of fine motor work at the same time.
Kindergarten Counting Activities
- Skip Counting Constellation Worksheets
- Counting Sprinkles Donut Play dough Mats
- Safari Counting to 30 Game
- Super Hero Counting on a Number Line
- Monster Memory Game – Counting 1 to 12
- Ice Cream Counting Cards
- 5 Little Monkeys Counting Book
- Monster Counting Activity
- Farm Counting Worksheets
- Free Count to 20 Pearl Worksheets
- Pet Shop Count to 20 Printable reader
- See all our Kindergarten Counting Activities
- Strawberry Counting Activity
Don’t miss these other AMAZING free playdough mats!
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Pencil Playdough Mats
- Winter Playdough Mats
- Spring Playdough Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Summer Playdough Mats
- Musical Instruments Playdough Mats
- Human Body Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Counting Playdough Mats
Cookie Jar Playdough Mats
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!