These summer themed Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles are such a fun way for preschool, prek, kindergarten, and first grade kids to practice beginning letter sounds and matching upper and lowercase letters.
Just because school is out for the summer doesn’t mean you should be doing fun, educational activities with your kids! If you completely stop reading, practicing math, and working on learning your alphabet letters you wil have a huge summer learning loss – teachers see students typically loose 30% of what they learned the previous year! YIKES!
It is important to keep kids learning all June, July and August long so they come back to school not only ready to learn, but ready to move on to new, more advanced material in their new grade!
These fun printable alphabet puzzles are a fun, playful way for kids to practice matching ABC letters with the sound they make.
Printable Alphabet Puzzles
Kindergarten Summer Learning
- 2 Part Uppercase and lowercase Letter Match – simply cut the popsicle apart at the top line so only the orange part is apart. This is great for preschoolers and prek to practice matching upper and lower letters.
- 3 part Phonemic Awareness Puzzles – Cut apart the popsicles at both the top orange line AND cut apart the red stripe as well. Students will need to match both by visual discrimination AND by listening for the beginning sounds of the clipart shown. This listening for phonemic awareness is a great starting point for sounding out words, phonics, and reading independently!
Looking for more ABC worksheets and activities to make learning letters fun? Try these:
- Apple Find the Letter Worksheets
- Lowercase Letter Tracing & Erase while learning names of fruit from A to Z
- Cinderella Color by Number Alphabet
- Back to School Printable Phonics Buses
- Swim Goggles Letter Matching
- Fish Phonemic Awareness Activity
- Printable Alphabet Crafts – lowercase
- Letter Tracing Sandcastles
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Alphabet Worksheets
- Ice Cream Cone Letter Tracing
- Don’t miss all our alphabet resources
Summer Learning Activities
- First Day of Summer Printable Hat
- Summer Sight Word Mazes
- Versatile Summer Count, Trace, and Clip Cards
- 4th of July Playdough Mats
- Printable Summer Math Worksheets
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20 Activity
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Free Bubble Word Family Sorting
- 31 July Crafts for Kids
- Bubble Painting
Plus, don’t miss our most popular alphabet printables including our: Alphabet Coloring Pages, Alphabet Worksheets, Alphabet Printable Hats, Alphabet Playdough Mats,vAlphabet Do a Dot Printables, Fruit Loop Alphabet Printable Snack Mats, and printable alphabet crafts.
Download Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!