Celebrate fall with this fun count to 10 activity that uses pumpkin candy corn to make learning fun for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children. Grab a handful of pumpkin candy, pumpkin erasers, or orange playdough and the pdf file to practice counting to 10 with this super cute, clever, and free printable Pumpkin count and trace. This is such great practice number tracing in October and November.
Count and Trace
Nothing says autumn like bags of orange, yellow and white candy corn and their cousin the cute pumpkin candy! Whether you love the taste or just like the cute these fall favorite candy, this educational activity will use them to make practicing counting FUN with toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners. Children will count to 10 and write numbers with this Pumpkin Candy Count and Trace activity. Use this for a Halloween theme, fall theme, or thanksgiving themed math activity.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this hands on math activity for preschoolers! Use this as extra practice, candy counting activity, halloween printable math center in your classroom, with a five little pumpkins activity, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Now print the Pumpkin Counting Printable in color OR in black and white to save on printer ink costs. I suggest laminating if you use them in color. Not only does it make them durable, but it makes them reusable. Cut cards apart each page into 2 counting mats and you are ready to play and learn.
Pumpkin Activities for Preschoolers
If you are using the color counting mats I suggest setting them out with a dry erase marker and pumpkin candy corn, although any manipulative would work. Go through the cards one at a time. Count out the number of pumpkins on the card and “plant” them in the field. The use the dry erase marker to trace the number. Repeat with all the cards.
HINT: If you can’t find, or don’t want to use, the pumpkin candy there are many other pumpkin counters you can use. Try using pumpkin mini erasers, unifex cubes, or small orange balls of playdough.
If you want to use the black and white version, I suggest children color the fall pumpkin coloring pages. They can either draw on pumpkins with crayons, markers, or colored pencils or use the pumpkin candy corn as a hands on counting manipulative.
More FREE Fall Activities
- Pumpkin Seed Counting Mats
- 31 Fabulous October Crafts for Kids
- Edible Candy Corn Playdough
- Candy Corn Phonics Game
- Fall Number Sticker Worksheets
- Thanksgiving BINGO Game with candy cron
- 30 Cute November Crafts for Kids
- Turkey Math Craft
- Fall Color & Trace Number Worksheets
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
Download Pumpkin Candy Count & Trace
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!