Add science to ever month of the year with this huge list of kindergarten science experiments arranged by month of the year. These clever, fun, and engaging kindergarten science projects are sure to make learning fun and get kids wondering, trying, and exploring the world around them. We have tons of ideas for Kindergarten Science Themes by Month that teach your child fun science concepts.
Kindergarten Science Themes by Month
This comprehensive list of kindergarten science projects aligns with each month of the year to make it easy for you to choose a fun science activity that matches the seasons, holidays, and learning themes you are exploring with your children. From understanding the changing seasons and weather patterns, to exploring the wonders of nature, and celebrating holidays, this list of science projects allows you to easily integrate science topics for kindergarten into your classroom or home-school curriculum or routine. Each science activity comes with clear instructions and easy to find materials, making them simple and fun projects that anyone can try. Choose from a list of kindergarten science themes by month to add to science activities for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and elementary age students too!
Kindergarten Science Experiments
This huge list of fun science experiments for kindergarten is a great way to easily add science to your regular educational activities. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or home-schooler, you will love all these creative and easy to replicate science themes for kindergarten, pre-k, first grade and 2nd grade students. Simply pick a few science projects to work on each month and have fun!
January Science Experiments
Try one of these winter science experiments that are perfect for a January. There are some great experiments featuring snow and ice and simple, interactive science activities that teach lots of scientific concepts while embracing the magic of winter!
- Salt and Ice Experiment with Temperature
This interesting science project teaches about winter roads.
- Dry Ice Experiments
The kids will be amazed with this dry ice winter experiment!
- Frost on Can Science Experiment
This simple experiment teaches us whey there is frost in winter.
- Erupting Snow Winter Science Experiments
This is a snowy twist to this classic chemistry experiment to make it perfect for winter.
- Snow Volcano
Get your kids outside to make these epic snow volcanoes!
- Melting Snowman Experiment
Everyone will love building a snowman and then melting it with science!
- Exploding Snowman
This exploding snowman experiment is super simple and uses materials you already have in your kitchen!
- Snowman Eruptions – Simple Winter Science Experiment
Learn about chemistry with this silly and outrageously fun snowman science experiment.
- Melting Snowman Slime
This snowman slime is the perfect winter themed chemistry project for kids!
- Snowman Activity – launch snowballs in this fun STEM activity for winter!
- Magic Melting Snowballs
Even if you don’t get snow where you live you can make these snowballs and melt them with science!
February Science Experiments
February is the perfect time for lots of Valentine’s Day science projects! Whether it’s using science to create ‘love potions’ or doing some candy science, everyone will have fun with these simple science activities for February.
- Heart Salt Crystals Expeirment
Make beautiful crystal hearts for Valentine’s Day.
- Density For Kids Science Experiment For Valentines Day
This Valentine’s Day science experiment is a fun way to teach kids about density.
- Valentines Day Dancing Hearts Science Experiment
Kids will be amazed by the dancing conversation hearts in this candy science experiment.
- Valentines Day Slime
Learn about polymers and simple chemistry with this Valentine’s Day slime.
- Glittery Valentine’s Slime
This is another gorgeous Valentine’s Day slime recipe to try this February.
- Fizzy Love Potion Science Experiment
This fun Valentine’s Day science experiment is a simple baking soda and vinegar reaction with a little extra fun!
- Balloon Science Valentines
This Valentine’s Day science idea is outrageously fun and EASY to try this February!
- Valentines Day Oobleck
Try making this fascinating non-Newtonian fluid for a fun February science experiment.
- Fizzy Heart Science Project
Sneak some Valentine’s Day science into your February learning plan with this fun and easy heart science project.
- Love Potion #9 Valentine’s Day Science Activity
This science valentines is like a DIY lava lamp for February so get ready to concoct a bubbling love potion!
- Valentines Day Magic Milk Science Experiment
Kids will love this magical science experiment that only needs a few household items!
- Skittles Valentines Day Science
Learn about how substances can dissolve and diffuse with this easy candy science experiment.
- Oil and Water Valentines Day Activity
This fun Valentines Day science project is a great way to demonstrate how oil and water won’t mix.
- Valentines Day STEM Activity.
Get kids thinking outside the box with this fun Valentine’s STEM activity.
- Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
Try this fun science experiment to learn about static electricity.
- More Valentine’s Science Experiments
Find even more great Valentine’s Day science activities that are perfect for a February science learning plan!
March Science Experiments
Celebrate March with these fun science projects! March is the perfect time for some St Patrick’s Day science experiments, and don’t forget lots of awesome Easter science projects and egg experiments!
- Leprechaun Rocks
This science project is the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this spring.
- Grow A Shamrock Activity
Your kids will love watching a three leaf clover grow borax crystals overnight with this easy St Patrick’s Day science activity.
- St Patrick’s Day Skittle Science Activity
This is a quick and east St Patrick’s Day science activity that is perfect for your March lesson plan.
- Grow an Easter Egg Science Experiment
This fun Easter activity combines art and science for a great Easter STEM activity that kids will love.
- Bouncy Egg Science
Kids are going to love this crazy cool bouncy egg experiment!
- Crystal Egg Geodes Science Experiment
Try this fun and easy crystal egg geodes experiment that makes super cool and interesting Easter eggs!
- Peeps Science Experiment
This peeps science experiment is a fun and easy Easter science project for kids of all ages
- Egg Drop Challenge Project
This STEM challenge is a fun, hands-on egg experiment that kids will love.
- Walking on Eggs Science Experiment
Your kids will be amazed by this super cool egg experiment!
- Floating Egg Science Experiment
Did you know you can use science to make eggs float? The kids will love trying out this magical egg science!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Grow a Rainbow – Capillary Action Experiment for Kids
April Science Experiments
There are lots of great science experiments to try in April, including earth and environmental science to celebrate Earth Day, and the rainy days of early spring is the perfect time for some weather experiments, and some colorful rainbow science!
- Layers of the Earth Science Experiments
Celebrate Earth Day by learning all about the layers of the earth with this fun hands-on activity.
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment
Help kids learn about the impact of pollution and the importance of protecting our earth with this simple experiment.
- Celery Water Pollution Experiment For Kids
This simple Earth Day Science activity helps kids learn about pollution in our water and how it may impact all of us.
- Rain Clouds in a Jar
Make learning about clouds fun with these engaging rain and cloud activities.
- Grow A Rainbow – Capillary Action Experiment
This rainbow science activity teaches kids about capillary action with a fun walking water science experiment.
- Rainbow Density
This beautiful rainbow density experiment is a perfect spring science project.
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals
Quickly and easily grow your own rainbow crystals with these easy instructions.
- Frozen Rainbow Eruptions
The kids will be mesmerized watching these colorful rainbow explosions!
- Simple Air Pressure Experiments for kids
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- How to Make a Weather Vane – easy weather science project for elementary age students
- Type of Cloud Activities for Kids with FREE Printable Worksheets
- Cold Front Weather Science Experiments for Kids
- Water Cycle in a Bag Weather Activity with free printable worksheet
- Amazing Rising Water with burning candle Air Pressure Experiment
- Free Printable Water Cycle for Kids Flip Book
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
Kindergarten Science Projects
Ready for more ideas for science projects monthly? We’ve tried to put together only the best seasonal science projects to not overwhelm you as you are working on adding science to your school.
May Science Experiments
There are so many great spring science activity to choose from for May! Try a fun flower science project, or some plant science, or try a beautiful butterfly science activity!
- Spring Kite Baking Soda And Vinegar Science Experiment
This easy science experiment is the perfect addition to a spring theme!
- Spring Flowers Chromatography
This flower chromatography activity is both a fun flower crafts and a simple science experiments!
- Flower Science Experiment
Your kids will be amazed as you make flowers change colors right before your eyes with this magical science experiment.
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
Use the free printable template to try this magical flower science activity!
- Fizzing Flower Science Activity
This fun flower science project will get kids asking questions, exploring, and making observations.
- Growing Crystal Flowers
May is a great time to try this beautiful and fun spring science project!
- Chromatography Butterflies
Learn about chromatography with this gorgeous butterfly spring science project.
- Easy Grass House Plant Science Activity
May is the perfect time to try this fun plant science project!
- How does Water Travel Through a Plant Experiment
This is a great quick and simple plant experiment that shows how water travels through a plant.
- Potato Maze – Summer STEM Activity for Kids
- Water Pollution for Kids Science Expeirment
- Simple Geranium Photosynthesis Experiment for Kids
- How to Regrow Celery in Water
- Food coloring flower experiment worksheet Science Experiment for kids
- Color Changing Flower Experiment learning about capillar action
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Easy BEE Pollination Experimnt for kids using Jello
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
June Science Experiments
June is a great time for lots of summer themed science fun! Add some beach themed science projects, and make sure you do lots of science projects that include water this June!
- Beach Density Tower Science Experiment
Children will learn about the layers of the ocean as they make a simple beach science experiment.
- Dissolving Seashell Science Experiment
Bring back some shells from your next beach trip to try this awesome summer science experiment.
- Ice Cream Volcano Experiment
June is the perfect time for ice-cream and the perfect time for this fun science experiment!
- Simple Summer Science Sunscreen Experiment
This simple sunscreen experiment allows kids to learn about the importance of using sunscreen this summer.
- Sand Volcano Science Experiment for Kids
This sand volcano is not only a really cool thing to do during June, but a fun summer science experiment too.
- Baking Soda Powered Boats
Take advantage of the nice summer weather and head out to make your very own baking soda powered boats
- Lego Electricity
If your kids like building with Lego blocks they will love this Lego electricity project.
- Science Melting Sandcastle Experiment
This baking soda and vinegar experiment is a perfect June activity that the kids will love.
- Sand Volcano Experiment
This sand volcano experiment is a super cool science experiment to try in June.
- DIY Water Xylophone Activity
June is a great time for this water based sound experiment!
- Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment for kids of all ages
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Fun-to-Make DIY Foosball Table – Stem Project for kids
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- How to Make a Simple Newton’s Cradle Science Experiment
July Science Experiments
Celebrate the Fourth of July with these awesome science experiments for July. There are so many great July 4th science activities to try, you’ll be busy all month long having fun and learning with your kids.
- Red, White, and Blue Science Project
Watch the amazing chemical reactions at work in this fourth of July themed science project.
- Stars “Bursting” 4th Of July Science Experiment
This 4th of July science experiment has a fun red, white and blue star theme for our American flag.
- Red White and Blue Candy Science Experiment
Try this colorful, fun, independence day activities that explore how things dissolve.
- Fourth of July Science Experiment
Have fun making some red white and blue science with this fun Independence Day activity.
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiment
Celebrate the 4th of July for kids with this really fun and magic milk science experiment.
- Fireworks in a Jar Science Experiment
Make your own fireworks in a jar with this Independence Day science activity!
- Patriotic Red, White, and Blue Slime
Kids will go nuts over this red white and blue slime recipe, they won’t even know they are doing science!
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment
Blast off your own rockets this July with this fun science activity.
August Science Experiments
You’ll be kept busy for the whole month of August with these fun science activities and ideas for kids. There is some super fun back to school science ideas, and don’t forget to try a few fun end of summer science projects like the epic watermelon experiment and the fun water balloon activity!
- Water Balloon Science Experiment
The kids will love this super cool science project that uses balloons to teach kids about density.
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
Everyone will love this epic watermelon science activity!!
- Watermelon Slime Activity for Kids
Watermelon Day is on August 3rd, so its the perfect time to make this watermelon slime!
- Puffy Watermelon Slime
Kids will love seeing how different materials make a different reaction to may this puffy slime.
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment
This watermelon experiment allows kids to witness the chemical reaction when baking soda and vinegar mix.
- Back To School Yellow Bus Science Activity
Celebrate the first day of school with this fun, school bus, science activity.
- Kool-Aid Rock Candy
Celebrate the end of summer with this awesome edible science activity.
- Pop Rocks Experiment
Combine candy and science with this fun experiment kids will love!
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
September Science Experiments
These September science projects are perfect for Fall. There are so many fall and apple themed science experiments and ideas you won’t know which
one to try first, but make sure you check out fall leaf science experiments and some of the apple themed science ideas.
- Why Do Leaves Change Colors
Everyone will love this fun experiment that helps kids understand why leaves change colors in the fall.
- Apple Browning Science Experiment
This simple, but fascinating apple oxidation experiment allows children to learn why apples turn brown.
- Apple Volcano Experiment
September is the perfect time to make one of these super cool apple volcanoes!
- Easy, Fluffy Apple Slime Recipe
Making slime is a great chemistry activity and this apple slime is a great September science activity.
- Melting Apple Science Experiment
All your need are a few simple materials to try this apple activity this September.
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment
Amaze your kids with this colorful apple science project!
- Simple Apple Eruptions Science Experiment
This apple science experiment doubles as both a fun fall science experiment and fun activity for September.
October Science Experiments
October is spooky season and the perfect time to try one of these awesome Halloween science activities! Your kids will love the ghost experiment and all the fun pumpkin science activities!
- Halloween Lava Lamp Science Experiment
Brew up your own bubbling potion with this Halloween lava lamp project perfect for October.
- Halloween Ghost Science Experiment
Kids will go nuts over this simple, flying ghost science experiment!
- Frankenworms Halloween Science Experiment
Everyone will love this cool, dancing worm science experiment!
- Static Electricity Ghost Experiment
Add a fun Halloween twist to the classic balloon static experiment.
- Exploding Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Science Experiment
Everyone will love trying this explosive pumpkin science activity!
- Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Volcano
Help your children learn about chemical reactions with this outrageously fun and easy Halloween science experiment.
- Flying Ghost Halloween Science Experiment
Kids of all ages will be mesmerized by this flying ghost science experiment!
- Disney Monsters Inc Inspired Slime Recipe
Celebrate everything creepy and crawly this Halloween with this squishy science project.
- Frankenstein’s Hand Halloween Science Experiment
his Frankenstein’s hand Halloween science experiment is a silly and fun science project that kids of all ages will love.
- Flying Film Canister Ghost Rockets
Make your ghosts fly with this simple chemical reaction!
- Quickly Growing Pumpkin Science Experiment
Use a chemical reaction to quickly grow a silly Jack-o-Lantern pumpkin!
- Dissolving Halloween Candy Science Experiments
This science experiment is a great way to use up some of that Halloween candy.
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
Your kids will love seeing this Halloween science experiment ooze colorful liquid out of the cute pumpkin!
- How To Make Pumpkin Slime
This pumpkin slime recipe is so fun, your kids won’t even notice all the science learning they are doing.
- Halloween Skittles Pumpkin Science Experiment
This Halloween skittles project allows kids to explore how colors diffuse with a fun pumpkin science experiment.
- Melting Pumpkins Science Experiment
Kids will have fun exploring scientific principals with this cute melting pumpkins science project.
November Science Experiments
November is the time for Thanksgiving themed science activities, as well as a few end of fall science projects. Have fun with some turkey science projects and lots more awesome science ideas for November.
- Skittle Turkey Science Activity
It only takes a couple of minutes to do this cool turkey science project.
- Dancing Corn Science Experiment
This dancing corn activity is a perfect November science activity with a harvest theme.
- Turkey Magic Milk Science Experiment
This fun turkey science activity is a clever twist on the magic milk experiment that kids will love.
- Turkey Balloon Races Game
Learn some physics while having fun with this hands-on turkey science activity.
- Turkey Slime Recipe.
Watch the chemical reaction take place as you make this fun turkey slime recipe.
- Melting Turkey Thanksgiving Science Experiment
This simple Thanksgiving science experiment is a great way to get kids curious and excited about science.
- Grow Your Own Crystal Turkey Science Project
This turkey science experiment combines growing crystals with a fun hands-on turkey craft for November.
- Growing Turkey Feathers Science Experiment
This is a creative elephant toothpaste experiment that is sure to impress kids of all ages!
- Homemade Butter Science Experiment
Try your hand at making butter for a fabulous homemade addition to your Thanksgiving meal.
December Science Experiments
December is the time for doing all the Christmas and holiday science activities! Have fun making fizzing Christmas ornaments, and doing cool Christmas tree science activities!
- Fizzing Ornaments
Celebrate the holidays by making these these fizzing Christmas ornaments!
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made With Christmas Science Experiment
Use this science experiment to make these gorgeous Christmas ornaments you can hang on your tree.
- Christmas Magic Milk Science Experiment
Try this Christmassy twist on the classic magic milk science experiment that everyone loves.
- Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM Activity
This simple electronics project uses a battery to make the free printable ornaments go around like a merry go round!
- Christmas Tree Dissolving Peeps Science Experiment
This Christmas tree science project is a great addition to your December lesson plan.
- Christmas Lime Battery Electricity Experiment
Use this simple lime battery project to make a really cool science Christmas tree!
- Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
Kids will love experimenting with simple science principles with this Christmas science activity.
- Dancing Candy Cane Science Experiment
Try this simple candy cane experiment with your kids this December.
- Grow a Christmas Tree Science Project
You only need a few simple materials to try this super cool Christmas science activity.
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
This fizzy gingerbread man Christmas science experiment will be a huge hit with your kids.
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
Add a little Christmas magic into your lesson plan with this easy Christmas candy experiment.
- Spinning Christmas Tree Science Experiments
Kids are going to flip when they make they make their own spinning Christmas tree science project.
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
This is a fun STEM physics activity that the kids will love.
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment
This magical melting Christmas tree project is sure to bring some magic and fun to your December.
Science topics for kindergarten
We hope these month by month science experiments list will help students get excited about science and learning year round. Make sure you see all our Science Experiments for Kindergarten
- Tons of Kindergarten science experiments by month
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano or 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science and Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water) or Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries or 24 Epic Solar system science projects or this fun Simple Ketchup Volcano!
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density and Color-Changing Flowers
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments, Simple Galaxy science project, and Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane, Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project and Amazing POP rocks science experiment
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers, fun How to Make a Lava Lamp, 30 Simple machines science projects
- Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment, Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments or teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit, Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity , Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials, EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment, and Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Color Changing Slime or l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes , neat burning candle experiment worksheet answers
- Human Heart for Kids, hands-on Human Body Project, LOTS of Life Cycles for Kids
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment, amazing Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make orthis cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Life Size Skeletal system science project, free parts of the brain worksheet and project, fun science experiments
- Hands-on Newton’s cradle project, DIY draw bot for kids to make, playdough human body game
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW and LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!