Are you looking for a fun and engaging Valentines Day STEM Activities for February? I’ve got your answer. With just a few supplies and a few minutes of prep, you can give your kids the supplies they need to create their own 2D or 3D shapes! This shape activity is such a fun valentines day activity for kindergarten. This Valentine’s Day STEM Shapes activity is not only easy but it is super fun too! This valentine stem activities is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students as part of your valentines day theme.
Valentines Day STEM Activities
When I say that this Valentines Day STEM activity took me 5 minutes and only $3 to set up, I am serious! I picked up the supplies and grabbed some scissors and within minutes my kids were building. THis fun valentines day activity is such a fun, engaging, and educational activity to try in Febrauary. You can set out some shape flashcards and have children try to make the different shapes. THis is a fun Valentine’s day activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this is a great activity for valentiens day to incorporate at home or in the classroom!
Valentines day activity for kindergarten
To try this simple and fun math activity for kindergartners you will only need a couple simple supplies to provide hours of fun buiding shapes, problem solving, working on engineering skills, and having fun celebrating with a fun valentines day activity for kids.
- Straws, we used paper straws
- Pipe Cleaners
The first thing I did was cut the straws in half. I’m sure you could use plastic straws in place of paper, but we only tried it with paper straws. Next, cut the pipe cleaners into about 2 inch pieces. These will become the hinges for the straws that will create the shapes.
Valentine stem activities
For this valentines day stem, I set out the two piles, straws and shapes, and showed my kids how you will connect them. The connections are in no way permanent, but this means that they can take the shapes apart and create more and more.
Now I showed them that you stick the pipe cleaner into one end of the straw about half way, and bend it. Then put a second straw on the other end. Depending on what shape you are wanting to create is what determines how many pieces you need. Once I showed my kids how to do it, it was easy to make a variety of different shapes, even multi shape structures.
Valentines Day Activity
This valentine stem is an excellent way to incorporate talk of angles, edges, a variety of shapes, how shapes are different or similar, and so much more.
You could also incorporate measurement in this stem valentines project as well. Create the shape and then using a ruler help children calculate area or measurement of angles.
Valentines Day Activities for Kindergartners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this Valentines Day Math
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Color by Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Worksheets
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Valentiens Day Symmetry for Kids – kids will have fun learning about symmetry with these drawing prompts.
- ABC Valentines Day Worksheets – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentine’s Day Math Craft – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut and paste math craft
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Snap Cube Valentines Day Worksheets – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiment is a fun and simple science experiment that will delight kids of all ages!
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines rhymes for kids
- Valentines Alphabet Activity – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- CVC Words Valentines Day Worksheets– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Chocolate Shape Valentine Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Lock and Key valentine matching game printable – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Alphabet Valentines Day Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s Day Worksheets!
- Love Potion – Valentines Day Science
- Valentines Day Slime
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Valentine Cards
- Glittery Purple Valentine Slime
- Conversation Heart Ooblek – FUN Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Salt Painting Valentines Day Activity
- Valentines Day Magic Milk Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- EASY Skittles Valentines Day Science Activities
- Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards
- Love Potion #9 Valentine’s Day Science Activity
- Balloon Valentines Day Science Experiment
- Oil and Water Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Practice shapes with this hands-on Valentines Day STEM Activities
- Fizzy Heart Science Project – Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Density for Kids Science Experiment for Valentines Day
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids