Learn about density for kids with this fun and colorful oil and water experiment! This oil and water science experiment is super simple and easy for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age children to understand. Plus you can try this cool easy science projects with materials you already have on hand in your home!
Oil and Water Experiment
Kids are going to be amazed by this really cool oil and water experiment. Parents, teachers and homeschoolers will love that this oil and water science experiment is easy to set-up and try! All you need is water, oil, and food coloring to try this easy science project with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners. We love getting kids excited about exploring the world around them and discoving that science is fun! So add this easy kindergarten science experiments to your list this year!
oil and water science experiment
- small clear glass, vase, or container (small is better so you don’t waste a lot of oil)
- any light colored oil you have on hand OR use baby oil for a completely clear project
- colored water (with a variety of liquid food coloring colors)
- pipettes (or eye dropper)
- protective eye wear (makes it extra fun!)
Cool easy science projects
water and oil experiment
Water science experiments
easy science project
water science experiments for kids
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Water Displacement Candy Science Experiment
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!