This simple science experiment is perfect for kindergarten kids who are just learning about chemical reactions. The baking soda and vinegar reaction is totally kid-safe, and easy to do in a group setting or with just one child. This Ornaments Science Experiment is perfect for a Christmas Activity.
Science Projects for Kids
- Water Balloon Density Experiment
- Rainbow Density Science Experiment
- Red White and Blue Science Project
- Why Does it Float? (Density for Kids)
- Salt Crystal Hearts
- Egg Density Experiment
- Colorful Water & Oil Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Experiment
- Free Animal Habitats sticker Worksheets
- Flower Science Experiment
- Month-by-Month Science Experiments for Kids
Ornaments Science Experiment is such a fun Christmas activity that will delight and teach at the same time. Use small plastic ornaments and glitter to give this classic science experiment a Christmas twist! Kids will love repeating this experiment over and over again.
What You Will Need to Make Fizzy Ornaments:
Fill each ornament 1/3 of the way full with baking soda. Add a few drops of food coloring and a squirt of dish soap. Sprinkle the inside of each ornament with glitter. Place the ornaments on the play tray and you are ready to watch your Ornaments Science Experiment FIZZ!
Give your child a small dish filled with vinegar. Show them how to use the pipette to squeeze up some vinegar and pour it into the ornaments. The ornaments will start to fizz and overflow. At first, the mixture will be white, but once the reaction hits the food coloring, it will turn whatever color you dyed it. Young kids will find that particularly thrilling.
Christmas Science Experiments
The Science behind this Christmas Science Experiments is that the baking soda is a base and the vinegar is an acid. When the two materials mix, they create a chemical reaction that gives off carbon dioxide. This gas rises into the air, taking some food coloring and bubbles with it, making a pretty, glittery fizz that is completely safe for kids to touch. Make sure you see all our Kindergarten Science Activities!
Free Christmas Printables
- Christmas Tree Letter Find Worksheets
- FREE Christmas Counting Book
- Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Free Christmas Playdough mats
- Christmas Hundreds Chart Coloring
- Count to 20 Christmas Tree Puzzles
- Printable Christmas Color by Sight Words
- Word Family Christmas Trees
- Christmas Around the World
- Night Before Christmas Hundreds Chart
- Ornament Trace and Erase Letter Practice