If you are looking for a simple, fun spring science project- you will love this kite thmed baking soda and vinegar experiment! In this spring science experiments, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders will what a simple chemical reaction take place between vinegar and baking soda. This spring stem activities a really easy spring activities for kindergarten that is the perfect addition to a spring theme!
The goal of preschool science is to get kids asking questions, exploring, and making observations. This play based spring science is an easy science experiment that accomplishes jus that! Create your baking soda kite and then add vinegar for a cool baking soda and vinegar reaction. This spring season activities for kindergarten is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this spring activity idea perfect for April, May, spring, and summer too!
Spring Science Experiments
To try this cute kite activity you will need a few simple materials you probably already have on hand in your kitchen:
- 1-2 boxes baking soda (depending on the size and number of kites you want to make)
- clear dish soap
- food coloring
- bowl and spoon to mix it up
- tray or rectangular pan
- squirt bottle, eyedropper, or baster
- yarn (for decorations)
- craft foam (for decorations)
Spring stem activities
In a small bowl, add food coloring and clear dish soap to make a colored mixture for your kite.
Spring activities for kindergarten
Using the colored baking soda, shape the mixture to make the sections of your kite in a diamond shape.
Add the kite tail and pretty tassles down your string. This is the STEM ssummer activity part – get artistic if you like with size, colors, shape, etc. Just make sure yoru kite fits on your plate.
Spring activities for preschoolers science
Make it “rain” in the kite with your vinegar. We tinted our vinegar blue so you can see what happens; it reminded me of a nice summer or spring rain.
Spring season activities for kindergarten
Continue squirting vinegar on baking soda kite to observe the fun, fizzy reaction that takes place.
baking soda and vinegar experiment
Ask students what they observe.
The science behind these dissolving kite comes from the fact that we combined baking soda (a base) and vinegar (an acid) to make a chemical reaction. This baking soda and vinegar reaction creates a gas called carbon dioxide. You can see, hear, feel, and smell the simple chemical reaction asit bubbles, foams, and expands while. As the kite gets used up in the reaction they will dissolve and eventually dissapear into the vinegar liquid on your plate.
Simple kite activity for preschooolers with a baking soda and vinegar experiment! Use this kite activities in your upcoming theme!
If you are looking for a simple, fun spring or summer science project- you will love this kite-themed baking soda and vinegar experiment STEM activity!
Spring Alphabet Printables
- Mowing the Lawn Spring Alphabet Game
- Spring Alphabet Worksheets for preschoolers
- Alphabet Kite Craft
- Free Printable Flower matching game for preschoolers
- Rainbow Spring Letter Tracing for kids
- Spring Flowers Letter Matching Printable for Upper and Lowercase Letters
- Rainy Day Find-the-Letter Spring Worksheets
- Raindrop Letters Matching activity for spring
- Hop to it! Frog alphabet matching game printable
- Hands-on Caterpillar spring cvc words activity
- Printable spring bubble word family games
- April Writing Prompts Calendar
- Free May Writing Prompts Worksheets for K-4th graders
- Rhyming Words Spring Worksheets
- Simple, free Flower Rhyming Worksheets
- Printable Spring Emergent Reader
- Planting Carrots CVC Word Activity
- Frog free printable sight words games pdf
- Tulip spring rhyming words worksheet
- Carrot word family worksheets for kindergarten
Spring Math Activities
- Butterfly Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free printable kite Skip Counting Craft
- Spring counting playdough mats
- Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Count to 10 Insect printables for preschoolers
- Fraction Flowers worksheets for kids
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar flashcards – numbers
- Bug Measuring Cards Free
- Raindrop counting activity for spring
- Spring carrot what comes next activity
- Flower free printable number bond worksheets for kindergarten
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-30 pdf
- Spring Math Puzzles to work on counting and addition
Spring Math Activity
- Spring Counting Clip Cards
- Spring Birds, Free printable one to one correspondence activity with jelly beans
- Free printable missing number worksheets
- Spring Bunny counting number tracing cards
- Teen Number sense Flower Addition Worksheet
- Shape Flower Playdough Mats
- Printable Spring Tracing Worksheets
- Free Printable FLOWER shapes activities for kindergarten
- Vegetable counting from 1 to 10 clip cards activity
- Seeds Make 10 Addition Game
- Spring Addition Counting Clip Cards
- Kite Color Matching – free printable learning colors for toddlers game
- Free printable How to plant a seed step by step worksheet
- I Spy Farm Animals (great for visual discrimination & counting)
- Free Spring Math Worksheets
- Free Printable Spring Worksheets Preschool
- Backyard Critters Insect worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring color words worksheets using do-a-dot markers
- B is for Butterfly weekly theme
- Fun Ant activities for preschoolers (prek / k)
- I is for Inchworm activities for kids
- Match the Flower Worksheet for Kindergarten
- Spring lego challenge cards
- Fruit Loop Color Matching Umbrella Craft
- I Spy Spring
These science projects and spring science experiments are perfect for indoor or outdoor!
- How big is a Raindrop Experiment for kids
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Density water balloon science experiment
- Fun-to-Make, Beautiful Chromatography Butterflies for kids
- Vinegar and Baking soda Rocket Experiment
- Outrageously cool Lemon Clock project for kids
- Making butter in a jar experiment
- Balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Amazing Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
Spring Science Worksheets
These free science printables are a grea way to learn about the parts of a plant, plant life cycles, animal life cycles, to take along as zoo field trip worksheets, and more!
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Hatching Butterflies Observation Book
- Printable Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet free
- Free Earthworm life cycle worksheet
- Nature Walk Activity Sheet
- Frog Life Cycle for Kids spinner activity
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheet
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Free Zoo fieldtrip worksheet
- Printable Animal Habitat Game
- Insect Life Cycle printable books
Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
Your kids are going to want to try these fun springtime craft projects.
- 30 DIY Bird Feeder projects to make with kids this springtime
- Gingho Leaf Umbrella Craft
- Bubble Wrap Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Cute toilet paper roll bunny crafts for kids
- 40 Earth Day Crafts
- Easy Impressionism for Kids spring art project
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Pop-up Butterfly Crafts for preschoolers
Flower Crafts for Kids
- 100 Beautiful Flowers Crafts for Kids to Make
- Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Celery Painted Tulip Flower Craft
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Ideas
- Felt Board Flower Craft
- Splatter Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Fine Motor Bead Flower Craft for Preschoolers
- How to Make a Flower Crown
- Cute printable flower craft for mothers day
- Super cute Printable Flower Craft for working on name recognition
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
Spring Activities for Kids
- Colorful Snake Bubble Activity for kids
- Spring pasta craft for kids
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Find monthly resources such are our March Crafts for kids or our March Activities for Kids!
- Check out our April Crafts for kids or our April Activities for Kids!
- Don’t miss these May Crafts for kids or our May Activities for Kids!
- Let’s ease into summer on June 21st with these June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT bubbles