Are you looking for fun easter activities for kindergarten that is educational too? This peeps science experiment is a fun, easy easter science experiment for kids of all ages from preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too. This peeps experiment is a great way to help kids think and work on problem solving with Easter STEM activities for April.
We made stationary with peeps a few weeks ago and that was fun but we needed something more science related. I grabbed a few supplies and we worked on our Easter science project. STEM is not only super important for kids, it is fun! Kids see STEM as magic. It can literally blow their minds. I live for the moments that my daughter’s face has pure astonishment on it. It makes me so happy. This is the time that they are soaking up what they are seeing. This is when they are learning. So when I bought some fluffy marshmallow peeps – not to eat. No one in this house actually likes to eat peeps, but to use for a fun peeps science experiment! Use this peeps experiment as an easter activity for kids from preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students! This Easter science experiment is super simple to try, but such a great learning activity for kids!
Easter science experiments
Looking to try a creative experiments with peeps? You will love this easter science experient for kids of all ages. All you need are a few simple materials.
- Popsicle Sticks
- Construction Paper or Foam
- Pie Pan or Baking Dish
Peeps science experiment
Start by taking the peeps apart from each other.
Cut a sail from a piece of foam or construction paper. We cut ours in a triangle shape. We used sticky foam and attached it to the top of the popsicle stick. If you use construction paper, you’ll have to glue it on. Tape could also work.
Easter STEM Activities
Once you have the sail attached, put the opposite end into the middle of the peep. We used the bunny peeps. This meant we didn’t have to stick the popsicle stick in too far. If you are using the traditional peeps, you’ll have to push it in a bit farther. Either way, you don’t want the popsicle stick to go through the bottom side. If there is a hole in the bottom, the water can seep through and ruin the floating effect.
Once our boats were constructed, we filled a pie pan with water, about ¾ of the way full.
I asked my daughter if she thought the boat would float. She wasn’t sure. She felt how heavy it was, touched the water a few times and then said no, it would sink.
We placed the peep boat in the water and she screamed “I WAS WRONG, IT DOES FLOAT”. She sat in awe as it did not sink. I told her to carefully and softly blow on the sail and see what happens. It helped move the boat along. I told her to blow a little harder and the boat went clear to the other side.
She was smiliing the whole time. I told her that while the peep boat did have some weight, the peep is made of marshmallow and that is a very light weight substance. It weighs less than the water does so it floated on top.
Easter Arts and Crafts
Looking for some cute and clever easter crafts? You will love these fun ideas! Plus don’t miss Over 50 Creative Ideas To Fill Easter Eggs , our cute bunny pancakes, or our traditional bunny cake.
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Peeps Science Experiment – Easter STEM Activities for Kindergartners
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
- Super cute Peep Craft Stationary
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for free Easter worksheets or educational easter activities? Check out these resources and don’t miss our Easter Lesson Plan for Preschool or our Easter Books for PReschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Egg Craft for kids – Homemade Chia Pet
- Amazing Egg Experiments
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way