Kids will be amazed as they watch the conversation hearts put on a show with this dancing hearts science experiment. In this dancing hearts experiment toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students will observe a simple chemical reaction between the baking soda and the vinegar that will cause the heart candy to move. This is such a fun and EASY valentine’s day science experiments to try during the month of February with a fun heart theme for Valentine’s Day. Our kids wanted to try this valentines day science over and over again!
Dancing Hearts Science Experiment
We love using conversation hearts to make this simple and fun Valentine’s Day science activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. This dancing hearts science experiment doesn’t require any fancy materials – you probably have everyting you need to try this in your kitchen. This baking soda and vinegar science project is a great way to get kids interested in a simple chemistry expeirment for kids that is fun and easy to try! Use this as part of your Valentines Day Theme during the beginning of February or as a fun valentines day activities for Valentine’s Day for kids.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this Valetniens Day Science experiment that makes learning fun! Use it at home, in the classroom, a conversation heart activity, or just a fun valentines day activities for kids to create memories playing and learning together.
Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
For this kindergarten valentines day activities you only need a few simple supplies you probably already have in your kitchen:
- a tall, clear glass
- handful of sweethearts candy (conversation hearts)
- several tablespoons of baking soda
- 1-2 cups of white distilled vinegar
Valentine Science Experiments
The simple set-up for this preschool valentines day activities starts with a clear 16oz glass cup that is half full of water. Now add about 1 tablespoon of baking soda and mix. Let it sit about 15 seconds to allow the water to become clear again.
Valentines day activities
Next up in this heart science experiment is to dump in a small handful of brach’s conversation hearts. They will sink to the bottom.
Valentines day activities for kids
Now comes the fun part of our experiment. Pour in vinegar so that the liquid level is near the top of the glass. First you will see the valentine’s day heart candy shoot to the top and bubble as the baking soda and vinegar mix and let out carbon dioxide.
Now watch with amazement as the hearts dance up and down from the chemical reaction taking place in this candy science experiment.
Valentines day chemistry
The reaction will last for 3-5 minutes. After that point you can stir the glass to remix the baking soda at the bottom of the glass with the vinegar to restart the dancing hearts again.
Valentines activities for preschool
This is such a fun, memorable valentines day activity for kids of all ages.
Conversation Heart Activities
Continue to make learning fun in Feburary with more educational activities using valetine candy candy hearts. These free printable activities using candy hearts are memorable and engagning for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, first graders, and second graders.
- Practice forming letters with these Free Alphabet Conversation Heart Worksheets
- Keep using the heart candy to practice counting with these Number Conversation Heart Printables
- This clever Conversation Heart Math Activity is a fun way to practice counting, graphing, fractions, and more!
- 21 EPIC Coversation Heart Crafts for Kids during the month of February
- Practice estimation, an emprotant early math skill, with this Valentines Day Heart Estimation Activity
- Work on letter recognition with these Free printable Conversation Heart Letter Find Worksheets to color or use with actual candy
Free Valentines Day Printables
In addition, you will want to check out all these fun, creative learning activities and crafts to complete your Valentines Day theme. All of our valentines day activities are free!
- Sight Word Coloring Pages – Kids will learn sight words with this coloring activity that helps improve reading skills
- Valentine Day Tradition with printable hearts
- Color by Code Valentines Day Theme – this is such afun way for preschoolers and kindergartners to work on number recognition with a fun valentin day activity
- Self Checking Valentines Day Multiplication Activity – fun math craft that is great for working on counting by 2s-12s.
- Printable Valentines Day Cactus Crafts
- February Stories for Kids – grab the free printable pdf to get book and activity suggestions for each day of the year to celebrate special days / fun holidays / and valintines all month long.
- Valentine’s Day Alphabet Activity – help kids get the Valentines ready by matching upper and lower case letters plus work on beginning letter sounds.
- Prek and Kindergarten age kids will love practicing a variety of math and literacy skills with these Valentines Day Worksheets.
- Valentines Day Tracing Pages – help kids improve coordination and strengthen hand muscles with these adorable tracing pages for February.
- This free printable, cut and paste fish craft is sure to be a hit with young learners.
- Valentines Day Rhyming Worksheets – practice rhyming words with these cut and paste sheets for early readers.
- Practice letter identification while strengthening fine motor skills with this Valentines Day Hole Punching Printable activity
- Valentines Day Hundreds Chart Coloring – kindergartners will have fun revealing hidden pictures as they work on counting to 100
- Kids will have fun improving reading skills as they learn to listen to the sounds letters make with this super cute and clever Valentiens Day CVC Words Activity
Have fun creating beautiful art projects all month long with these beautiful, creative February Crafts for Kids.
Looking for more active activities? Try these 29 outrageously fun February Kids Activities.
Science Projects for Kindergartners
- Water Balloon Science Experiment
- Salt Crystal Hearts
- Egg Density Experiment
- How to make Frost in a can Science Experiment
- Free Animal Habitats sticker Worksheets
- Flower Science Experiment
- Month-by-Month Science Experiments for Kids
- Colorful Oil & Water Science Experiment
- Candy Science with pretty skittles, lollipops, m & m’s and more!
- Red white and blue science experiments
- Why Does it Float? (Density for Kids)
- EASY Air Pressure Experiments with an Egg for Kindergartens
- Fizzing Christmas Ornament Christmas science experiments
- Free animal habitats kindergarten worksheets with stickers!
- Christmas Magic Milk Science Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- EASY! Dancing Hearts Science Experiment
- Are permanent markers permanent? Paper Chromatography experiment
- Simple Bending Water Experiment
- You MUST try this pretty, impressive Glitter Volcano science project
- Rubbery Ducky Kindergarten Addition Activity
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE kindergarten alphabet worksheets, free kindergarten worksheets, kindergarten math printables, easy science projects, kindergarten English, crafts for kindergartners, and kindergarten activities.
Thanks for all your amazing great ideas God blessings Thanks
Love this! So simple and fun!
Do you mind if I link this post in a round up post of my own giving you full credit of course, and use of one image for a pin?
as long as you don’t give away the activity and you include a link to this post, no problem =)