Looking for a fun thanksgiving science idea? This dancing corn is a perfect fall science activity with a harvest theme. In this simple baking soda and vinegar experiment children will get to observe a fun reaction that will cause the corn to appear to dance. Try this thanskgiving science experiments with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too.
I love quick and easy thanskgiving activities that are both fun and meaningful! This dancing corn experiment allows children to enjoy a fun baking soda vinegar experiment with a fun autumn twist! We like to use this thanksgiving science acitivities during November as part of our thanksgiving theme or a fall theme with its cheery yellow corn that reminds us of harvest time! This november activities will be a hit with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students too! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or hoemschooler – you will love this november science for kids!
Thanskgiving Science Experiments
All you need to try this fun fall science are a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand at home!
- Mason Jar (or tall jar or glass
- 1/8-1/4 cup of popping corn (Indian colors are really pretty)
- 2 Tablespoons baking soda
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 2 cups of water
Start out by filling a mason jar with 2 cups of water. Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and stir.
Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
Add corn then pour in vinegar.
Now comes the fun part! Watch carefully, what happens?
Thanksgiving Science Activities
The popcorn kernels will begin to move – slowly at first, but the action will pick up very quickly.
Watch as the chemical reaction between the base and the acid (baking soda and vinegar) causes carbon diodie gas to be produce which bubbles up to the surafec, moving the corn on it’s way.
The chemical reaction causes the corn to appear to dance. How fun is that?!
Baking Soda and Vinegar Reaction
THis is such a simple, fun science project to engage learners of all ages. They will be filled with questions and wonder, which is exactly the point of early science projects!
This November science allows kids to explore cause and effect with a simple chemistry experiment for kids that is perfect for fall themes! I just love seasonal science experiments to spark the interest of kids of all ages!
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft for Preschoolers in November
- EASY Turkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft with Lovely Feathers
- EASY Marble-Painted Turkey Craft Ideas for Kids
- Turkey Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Corn-Painted Name Turkey Craft for Kindergarten
- Paint Swatch Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving
- Coffee Filter Turkey Crafts for Preschoolers
- EASY Bubble Wrap Turkey Craft for Kids
- CUTE Thanksgiving Construction Paper Turkey Craft
- FREE Printable “I am Thankful” Turkey Paper Craft
- Simple Construction Paper Turkey Craft for November
Thanksgiving Crafts for Preschoolers
- These adorable Turkey Hat Template are fun to make and wear in November
- Make these adorable Turkey Cup Holders to decorate your Thanksgiving table!
- Painted Pine Cone Turkey Craft
- Simple-to-Make Torn Paper Turkey Craft for Preschoolers
- Easy Platic Cup Turkey Craft
- Feathered Paper Plate Turkey Craft
- Thanksful Turkey Hand Art
- Pumpkin Seed Turkey Crafts for Preschool
- Packing Peanut Turkey Craft
- 35 Clever Turkey Craft Ideas
- EASY Pasta Turkey Craft
- Edible Turkey Craft for Kids
- Skittle Turkey Science Activities for November
- Balloon Races Turkey Game – FUN November Activities for Kids
- Dancing Corn Fall Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Growing Feather Turkey Sciene Experiment for November
- Like the Pilgrims did – Making Butter Science Experient with Free Worksheet
- Melting Turkey Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Grow Your Own Crystal Turkey Science Project for November
- Turkey Magic Milk Novemer Science Experiment
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
Thanksgiving Language Arts
- This fun-to-color Thanksgiving story for kindergarten pdf will help kids learn about the First Thanksgiving.
- Kids will have fun practicing sight words with these super cute, NO PREP, Thanksgiving Color by Sight Word
- Sight Word Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten is a fun way for kids to practice reading Looking for another fun word family activity?
- Working on Word Families with Turkey Word Family Sort Thanksgiving Activities for Kindergarten or our Pumpkin Pie Word Family Puzzles
- Kids will have fun practicing spelling with this Free Thanksgiving Create-a-Word Activity
- Keep kids practicing writing skills with these no prep,Thanksgiving Creative Writing Prompts
- Super cute Turkey Sight Word Mats
- Free Thanksgiving Writing Prompts or this Thanksgiving Writing Prompt
- Create-a-Word Thanksgiving Spelling Activity
- Listen for beginning sounds as you complete these adorable, Free Printable Build-a Turkey Activities
- Pumpkin Pie Phonics is a fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kidnergarten to practice identifying the sounds letters make
- Help kids work on letter recognition with these Thanksgiving Color by Letter where they will reveal fun hidden pictures!
- Practice tracing upper and lower case letters while working on beginning sounds with these Pumpkin Activities.
- ABC Turkey File Folder Game
- Kids will have fun working on letter recognition with these Letter Find Free Pumpkin Printables
- Or work on addition with these fun, Color by Addition Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Kids will have fun working on Number Sense with these adorable Pumpkin Math puzzles
- Work on number recognitoin with these Thanksgiving Color by Number Worksheets
- Kids will have fun practicing counting with this Thanksgiving Math Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Activity
- Make a Pumpkin Pie Craft to practice counting
- Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Thanskgiving math activity is a great way to practice counting and writing numbers too
- Kids will have fun using marshmallows or cotton balls in this 1:1 Pumpkin Pie Correspondence Thanksgiving Math activity
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheets are a fun, NO PREP way to practice math in October
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Counting Puzzles
- Thanksgiving I Spy Printable Worksheet
- Kids will have fun working on subtraction with these free Turkey Subtraction Worksheets
- This adorable Turkey Math Craft is a fun hands-on thanksgiving math activities for preschoolers
- Work on more advanced math with these Free Multiplication Pumpkin Puzzles
- Kids will love this cute feathers counting Turkey Activty for Preschoolers
- Adorable Turkey Color Matching Craft (printable)
- Who says younger kids have to get all the hands on learning fun? These Free Order of Operation Pumpkin Puzzles are perfect for older elementary age students!
- These Spin and Cover Turkey Activities are a fun way to sneak in some math in November
- Practice Counting by 10s with this cute Turkey Skip Counting Activity
- Work on counting to 100 with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets
- These cut-and-paste worksheets are a Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Help kids work on number sense with these adorable Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Puzzles
- This Pumpkin Patch Addition Game is a fun way to practice addition in October (color or black & white)
- Kids can solve the math problems in this Pumpkin Math Activity over and over again to achieve fluency!
- My kids love activities that involve food! Thesecandy corn Turkey Counting and tracing number mats are loads of fun!
- Turkey Colour Matching Game with dot markers
- Finally, don’t miss over 30 Fun November Kids Activities and November Crafts for Kids.
- Well, there you go! I hope you enjoy all these fun, clever, and FREE ideas to fill you November with fun learning and kids activities
- Plan a whole Thanksgiving Theme with all these fun, creative resources from around the web!
- Looking for help sneaking fun into your month? Print out our FREE Thanksgiving Activity Calendar
- Plus, don’t miss these 22 Thanksgiving Books or these Thanksgiving Books for Preschoolers you will love reading with your kids!
- 50+ Turkey Crafts for Kids
Looking for YUMMY Pumpkin Recipes? Try these family favorites:
- You will want to try our Amazing Thanksgiving Leftover Soup
- We’ve taken all the work out of prepping the PERFECT Thanksgiving feast! Here is ourfree Thanksgiving Meal Planner with recipes, timing, hints, and more!
- Oh so Yummy Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Easy-to-Make, healthy Pumpkin Pie Chili will be your families new favorite meal!
- Super easy to make Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal to whip up in the crock pot
- 40 Pumpkin Pie Recipes for Kids
- Here is your new favorite dessert for October – Pumpkin Lava Cakes!
- Super delicious Pumpkin Waffles that have no added sugar, but are perfectly sweet!
- BEST EVER Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Turkey Pot Pie Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes