We love doing lots of fun valentines day activities during February. I just love the heart themes in pretty pink, red, and purple. This valentines day slime is super easy to whip up and will provide hours and hours of fun valentines day ideas with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Valentines Day Slime
This valentines day slime is such a simple, fun slime for valentines day! Use this contact solution slime recipe for a fun valentines day activity in February with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Valentines slime is not only fun to play with, but a great way to explore scientific principles of cause and effect plus it is great for strengthening little hands so they are ready for writing letters.
Whipping up a bath of our valentines day slime recipe couldn’t be easier! All you need are a few simple materials you may even have on hand, if not pick them up easily at Walmart or order then from Amazon without leaving home!
- 6 oz pink glitter glue
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons valentines day sequins / glitter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon contact solution
Mix together the glitter glue, baking soda, and valentines day sequins or glitter.
Then add 1 and a 1/2 tablespoon contact solution. Work with your hands until you get the right consistency; you can add more contact solution if too sticky.
Valentines Day Activity
This valentines day play recipe stretches beautifully and has a lovely sheen. It will not crack, bu rather will make a lovely sheer looking pink screen. The glitter in the glue adds such a nice dimmention without having to worry about adding it later and it rubbing off on kids hands as they are playing.
Valentines Day Activities for Kids
Kids will have fun pulling, stretching, and watching it ooze and drop from hands to the counter. THen just grab it and you have a ball again to play some more.
Playing with the slime recipe is great for strengthening hand muscles so they are ready for all the writing they will be doing in school. My kids also enjoyed using heart cookie cutters to cut out slime cookies.
I love how it holds an impression and can be used for some fun guessing games and to try silly things, but will return to a ball, ooze, and slime some more immediately after. We use this recipe to give to friends for a homemade valentines cards with this free printable Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards.
Fun valentines day ideas
This recipe is not sticky and will not leave residue on your kids hands. It is such a pretty slime that is super fun to play with!
Valentines Day Activities for Kindergartners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this Valentines Day Math
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Color by Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Worksheets
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Valentiens Day Symmetry for Kids – kids will have fun learning about symmetry with these drawing prompts.
- ABC Valentines Day Worksheets – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentine’s Day Math Craft – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut and paste math craft
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Snap Cube Valentines Day Worksheets – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiment is a fun and simple science experiment that will delight kids of all ages!
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines rhymes for kids
- Valentines Alphabet Activity – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- CVC Words Valentines Day Worksheets– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Chocolate Shape Valentine Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Lock and Key valentine matching game printable – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Alphabet Valentines Day Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s Day Worksheets!
- Love Potion – Valentines Day Science
- Oobleck Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Layered Liquids Density Experiments for Valentines Day
- Glittery Purple Valentine Slime
- Balloon Valentines Day Science Experiment
- Salt Painting Valentines Day Activity
- Valentines Day Magic Milk Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Oil and Water Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Skittles Valentines Day Science Activities
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Love Potion #9 Valentine’s Day Science Activity
- Practice shapes with this hands-on Valentines Day STEM Activities
- Fizzy Heart Science Project – Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Density for Kids Science Experiment for Valentines Day
- Conversation Heart Ooblek – FUN Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Valentines Day Slime
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Looking for some cute and FREE printable valentines to share with your friends? Check out these homemade valentines for kids:
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Valentine Cards
- Pencil Valentine Printable
- Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards