This planting Cartot CVC Words Activity is an outrageously fun, hands-on printable for students to practice forming sight words. Great literacy activity for pre k, kindergartners, and first graders.
Studnets seem to have a fascination with life on the farm. Maybe it’s because so few of us actually get to experince life on a farm first hand. From planting and harvesting vegetables, to driving tractors, carrying for baby animals, milking cows, riding horses, and more – farm themed activites are always a hit.
Kids will love practicing reading and understanding cvc words with this fun, hands on educational activity for early readers.
CVC Words List
The kindergarten cvc words included in this activity are: cab, dab, gab, crab, bat, cat, fat, rat, sat, bad, dad, sad, ban, can, fan, plan, than, bag, rag, tag, flag, cap, lap, map, ham, clam, back, snack, bed, sled, beg, leg, jet, pet, wet, den, ten, neck, bell, sell, smell, hit, sit, hid, kid, big, pig, swim, hip, kick, stick, fish, dish, bin, win, chin, cot, dot, hot, cob, fog, log, frog, lock, sock, hut, nut, sub, tub, bug, mug, rug, drum, run, bun, mud, duck, truck, brush, pup, and bus.
CVC Words Activities
This spring cvc words activity is more fun and engagine than than just handing out cvc words worksheets. It is a hands on literacy activity to help kids work on visual discrimniation, letter discrimination, phonemic awareness, and more!
It takes a little extra work to prep this kindergarten game, but it is well worth it when you see the hours of educational fun your students will get out of it. Wheter you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you child will love this spring literacy activity!
Spring Activities for Kindergarten
Give each student the farm page with the large plant of dirt to be planted. Next, students will pick one of the 81 CVC word seed packets to plant. Then, using the carrot letters, they will plant the word on the seed pack to plant the sight word in the dirt.
This is such an engaging activitity for pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students.
These super cute carrot alphabet letters are a fun way for kids to practice their cvc word list for kindergarten.
cvc words worksheets
If you like, included in the pack is also a cvc words printable where children can write the words they plant on the black and white worksheet. Then they can draw a picture of what that word means. This is great early reading practice for kindergartners.
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
Looking for more FREE farm printables to help kids learn a variety of skills? You will love these resources:
- Farm Subtracting Money Games
- Farm I Spy Printables
- Farm Theme
- Are You My Mother? Farm animals and their babies printables
- Farm Free printable books for beginning readers
- Farm Hidden pictures printable
- Seasons on the Farm – teaching seasons to kindergarten
- Farm cutting practice worksheets
- Farm Coloring Pages
- Free Farm Color by Number
- Farm do a dot printables numbers
- Farm Unit – over 220+ pages for Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade
- Preschool Farm Activities Free
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- free printable farm animals worksheets
- Farm Sequencing Activity
- Printable Farm Cutting Practice Strips
- Farm Books for Preschoolers
- Fun Farm Activities
- Super cute free printable Farm Worksheets
- C is for Cow
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Umbrella Letter Matching Activity
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download CVC Words Activities
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!