Become a detective and solve the case by deciphering the cvc words in these crack the code worksheet pages. These free crack the code worksheets printable will make practicing phonemic awareness, beginning sounds, initial sounds, reading, and spelling FUN for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders! Simply print the crack the code worksheet pdf file with these printable crack the code for kids’ and you are ready to play and learn with an outrageously FUN, no-prep CVC Words Activities.
Crack the Code Worksheet
Learning to decode words by listening for the sounds alphabet letters make is hard work for young learners, but practice makes perfect! These outrageously fun kindergarten worksheets are sure to make it fun to work on reading skills and phonics. Children will become detectives as they listen for initial sounds to crack the code and solve the case! Each page of begining sound worksheets allows preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to get in lots of phonemic awareness practice while having FUN! Whether you are a parent looking for some extra practice or summer learning, a classroom teacher making a fun literacy center or homework pack, or a homeschooling mom adding fun educational activities as a supplement to your reading and English curriculum, these Crack the Code Worksheets are sure to be a hit.
Crack the code worksheet pdf
Printable crack the code for kids’
There are 5 pages of black and white crack the code printable pages plus crack the code worksheet answers. These are no prep, just pull out and you are ready to improve reading skills! There are over 50 cvc words “cases” to solve with these crack the code worksheets printable.
- cap, jam, cot, tad, pop, bad, mad, had, zig
- can, man, pop, fan, mop, hat, lip, cat, mom
- egg, dog, red, log, fat, hop, fun, pan, rap
- jam, fan, dad, zap, pot, ram, vet, gas, pal
- gem, pep, pen, tip, sad, bam, bat, mix, rot
Free crack the code worksheets printable
To complete the crack the code free printable have students look at the first picture clue and say the word out loud. Have them listen for the words beginning sound. Now write the alphabet letter that makes that sound in the space below the picture. Continue until you’ve completed the mystery word. Finally, sound out the cvc word you spelled.
The last word on the image above shows popcorn, so kids will write “p”. Then it shows ask so students will write an “a”. Finally there is a cute clipart image of a lemon so children will write “l”. When they sound out the word they will realize they’ve spelled pal.
Begining sound worksheets
You can decorate the case files in these phonics worksheets by coloring in the pictures with crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc. At the back of the pack you will find an answer key to save you time quickly checking your child’s work.
CVC Words Activities
- Secret CVC Words activity with magnets, reading cvc words with pictures pdf, planting carrots building cvc words activity
- FREE cvc words book pdf short a, cvc cut and paste short i, cvc books for kindergarten pdf – short i, short o worksheets, short u worksheets, or Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities, and Free Short Vowel Worksheets
- cvc short o words, cvc short e words, cvc short u words, cvc short i words, cvc short a words
- Hugely popular CVC puzzles, cooking up cvc rhyming words worksheets, or BUMP Cvc games pdf
- Star Wars cvc word games, Kindergarten cvc word search, BUMP rhyming games printable, flower cvc words, maze cvc worksheets, airplane dab a cvc words worksheets, or this bee cvc rhyming words worksheet pdf
- Roll and Read CVC sentences, cvc middle sounds in words clip cards, cvc eding sounds, Peter Pan cvc coloring pages, farm cvc words activity, caterpillar spring cvc words, free cvc missing vowel worksheets
- Crayon cvc words activity, crack the code cvc worksheets, monster cvc words worksheets
- Seasonal CVC words practice: Easter CVC Words Activity, Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh. 4th of July CVC Words Activity, Baseball CVC Rhyming Words, Popsicle Rhyme & Dab CVC Words Practice
- Some words are both CVC words and rhyming word family words! Get more practice with word family worksheets like these et word family worksheets
Don’t miss all our free first grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Beginning Sounds Activities
- Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers , adorable penguin Beginning Sounds Match, Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match, and Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- 4 Activities in this pack of Initial Sound Worksheets or Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards, Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten, Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity, or Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft or Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters or Construction Beginning Sounds Match
- Snowman Beginning Sounds Coloring Pages, Hands-on Snowman Beginning Sounds for Preschoolers, cute Beginning Sounds Animals Cards, or Apple Beginning Sounds Printable
free printable worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more kindergarten worksheets? We have over 100,000 to choose from!
- All About Me Kindergarten Worksheets, Summer Math Kindergarten Worksheets
- Cute Animal Kindergarten Worksheets or See Kindergarten Worksheets by THEME
- Days of the Week Kindergarten Worksheets or Big, Bigger, Biggest Kindergarten Worksheets
- Alphabet Kindergarten Worksheets, Panda Kindergarten Worksheets, or Free Math Kindergarten Worksheets
- Teen Number 11-19 Kindergarten Worksheets or Animals and their Babies Kindergarten Worksheets
Crack the Code Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!