Become a detective and solve the case by deciphering the cvc words in these crack the code worksheet pages. These free crack the code worksheets printable will make practicing phonemic awareness, beginning sounds, initial sounds, reading, and spelling FUN for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders! Simply print the crack the code worksheet pdf file with these printable crack the code for kids’ and you are ready to play and learn with an outrageously FUN, no-prep CVC Words Activities.
Crack the Code Worksheet
Learning to decode words by listening for the sounds alphabet letters make is hard work for young learners, but practice makes perfect! These outrageously fun kindergarten worksheets are sure to make it fun to work on reading skills and phonics. Children will become detectives as they listen for initial sounds to crack the code and solve the case! Each page of begining sound worksheets allows preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to get in lots of phonemic awareness practice while having FUN! Whether you are a parent looking for some extra practice or summer learning, a classroom teacher making a fun literacy center or homework pack, or a homeschooling mom adding fun educational activities as a supplement to your reading and English curriculum, these Crack the Code Worksheets are sure to be a hit.
Crack the code worksheet pdf
Printable crack the code for kids’
There are 5 pages of black and white crack the code printable pages plus crack the code worksheet answers. These are no prep, just pull out and you are ready to improve reading skills! There are over 50 cvc words “cases” to solve with these crack the code worksheets printable.
- cap, jam, cot, tad, pop, bad, mad, had, zig
- can, man, pop, fan, mop, hat, lip, cat, mom
- egg, dog, red, log, fat, hop, fun, pan, rap
- jam, fan, dad, zap, pot, ram, vet, gas, pal
- gem, pep, pen, tip, sad, bam, bat, mix, rot
Free crack the code worksheets printable
To complete the crack the code free printable have students look at the first picture clue and say the word out loud. Have them listen for the words beginning sound. Now write the alphabet letter that makes that sound in the space below the picture. Continue until you’ve completed the mystery word. Finally, sound out the cvc word you spelled.
The last word on the image above shows popcorn, so kids will write “p”. Then it shows ask so students will write an “a”. Finally there is a cute clipart image of a lemon so children will write “l”. When they sound out the word they will realize they’ve spelled pal.
Begining sound worksheets
You can decorate the case files in these phonics worksheets by coloring in the pictures with crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc. At the back of the pack you will find an answer key to save you time quickly checking your child’s work.
CVC Words Activities
- CVC short a – Short a Worksheets Cut & paste Booklet, Pirate cvc words short a, Short A Books free Emergent Reader
- CVC short e – Short e CVC Words Cut & Paste Booklet, Detective Short e cvc worksheets
- CVC short i – Short i Words cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf, Short I Words Emergent Reader, Farm short i cvc words worksheets
- CVC short o – Short o Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet, Scarecrow Short o Words Printable
- CVC short u – Short u Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet, Short u CVC words Printable cut and paste activity
- Super cute and handy, Free CVC Puzzles, Crayon CVC Words Activity
- CVC words with pictures pdf Clip Cards, Roll and Read CVC Sentences, Missing Vowels Puzzles Free Clip Cards
- Color-the-Letter to spell CVCe Worksheets, free Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets, Peter Pan CVC Coloring Pages,, Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
- Free Printable Short Vowel Worksheets, Dab-a-Dot CVC Worksheets Mazes, Monster Match CVC Words Worksheets, Free, Black and White CVC Crack the Code Worksheets, Caterpillar Spring CVC Words
- Farm CVC Words Practice, Sundae CVC words worksheets for kindergarten pdf free, Heart Penguin CVC Words, “at” CVC Word family worksheets pdf, and CVC worksheet collection
- Secret CVC Words Worksheets – Beginning Sounds with Magnetic Letters or Hands-on CVC Word Activity
- Ice Cream CVC Word ActivitiesSeasonal: Scarecrow Fall CVC Words, Build a Snowman Winter CVC Words Practice, Ice Cream CVC Word Match & Build, Spring Bird CVC Word Activity, Bee CVC Worrksheets pdf
- Star Wars CVC Games, Cooking Up Rhymes: Read & Dab CVC Words Activity, Going on a Bear Hunt CVC Games Online, Baseball CVC Rhyming Words, Lion Rhyming Words Activity, Popsicle Rhyme & Dab CVC Words Practice, Airplane Rhyming Words CVC Words Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity, Hands-on CVC Words valentine cvc worksheets
- CVC Words: Beginning Sound Activities, Middle Sound Activities Clip Cards, CVC Ending Sounds clip cards (or version 2), CVC Ending Sounds Clip Cards or this other set of CVC Ending Sound clip cards
- CVC Games pdf – Word Bump or Color by CVC Words Worksheets
Don’t miss all our free first grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Beginning Sounds Activities
- Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers , adorable penguin Beginning Sounds Match, Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match, and Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- 4 Activities in this pack of Initial Sound Worksheets or Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards, Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten, Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity, or Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft or Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters or Construction Beginning Sounds Match
- Snowman Beginning Sounds Coloring Pages, Hands-on Snowman Beginning Sounds for Preschoolers, cute Beginning Sounds Animals Cards, or Apple Beginning Sounds Printable
free printable worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more kindergarten worksheets? We have over 100,000 to choose from!
- All About Me Kindergarten Worksheets, Summer Math Kindergarten Worksheets
- Cute Animal Kindergarten Worksheets or See Kindergarten Worksheets by THEME
- Days of the Week Kindergarten Worksheets or Big, Bigger, Biggest Kindergarten Worksheets, free Matching Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Alphabet Kindergarten Worksheets, Panda Kindergarten Worksheets, or Free Math Kindergarten Worksheets
- Teen Number 11-19 Kindergarten Worksheets or Animals and their Babies Kindergarten Worksheets, free Letter p coloring pages
- Follow Directions Worksheets and Free printable Months of the Year Worksheets
Crack the Code Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!