Become a detective and solve the case by deciphering the cvc words in these crack the code worksheet pages. These free crack the code worksheets printable will make practicing phonemic awareness, beginning sounds, initial sounds, reading, and spelling FUN for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders! Simply print the crack the code worksheet pdf file with these printable crack the code for kids’ and you are ready to play and learn with an outrageously FUN, no-prep CVC Words Activities.
Crack the Code Worksheet
Learning to decode words by listening for the sounds alphabet letters make is hard work for young learners, but practice makes perfect! These outrageously fun kindergarten worksheets are sure to make it fun to work on reading skills and phonics. Children will become detectives as they listen for initial sounds to crack the code and solve the case! Each page of begining sound worksheets allows preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to get in lots of phonemic awareness practice while having FUN! Whether you are a parent looking for some extra practice or summer learning, a classroom teacher making a fun literacy center or homework pack, or a homeschooling mom adding fun educational activities as a supplement to your reading and English curriculum, these Crack the Code Worksheets are sure to be a hit.
Crack the code worksheet pdf
Printable crack the code for kids’
There are 5 pages of black and white crack the code printable pages plus crack the code worksheet answers. These are no prep, just pull out and you are ready to improve reading skills! There are over 50 cvc words “cases” to solve with these crack the code worksheets printable.
- cap, jam, cot, tad, pop, bad, mad, had, zig
- can, man, pop, fan, mop, hat, lip, cat, mom
- egg, dog, red, log, fat, hop, fun, pan, rap
- jam, fan, dad, zap, pot, ram, vet, gas, pal
- gem, pep, pen, tip, sad, bam, bat, mix, rot
Free crack the code worksheets printable
To complete the crack the code free printable have students look at the first picture clue and say the word out loud. Have them listen for the words beginning sound. Now write the alphabet letter that makes that sound in the space below the picture. Continue until you’ve completed the mystery word. Finally, sound out the cvc word you spelled.
The last word on the image above shows popcorn, so kids will write “p”. Then it shows ask so students will write an “a”. Finally there is a cute clipart image of a lemon so children will write “l”. When they sound out the word they will realize they’ve spelled pal.
Begining sound worksheets
You can decorate the case files in these phonics worksheets by coloring in the pictures with crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc. At the back of the pack you will find an answer key to save you time quickly checking your child’s work.
- Short e CVC Words Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow CVC Word Mats
- CVC Games Kindergarten
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Hands-on CVC Words valentine cvc worksheets
- CVC words with pictures pdf Printable
- Color-the-Letter to spell the picture, Free Printable CVCe Worksheets
- Free Printable Short Vowel Worksheets
- Short a Worksheets Cut & paste Booklet
- Pirate cvc words short a
- Short A Books free Emergent Reader
- Detective Short e cvc worksheets
- Short i Words cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short I Words Emergent Reader
- Farm short i cvc words worksheets
- Short o Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow Short o Words Printable
- Short u Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Short u CVC words Printable cut and paste activity
- CVC Words Middle Sounds in Words Clip Cards
- CVC Ending Sounds Clip Cards or this other set of CVC Ending Sound clip cards
- Missing Vowels Puzzles Free Clip Cards
- See TONS of fun an dfree CVC Activities here!
CVC Word Activities
- Super cute and handy, Free CVC Puzzles
- Christmas CVC Words Clip Cards
- Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- Ending Sounds Clip Cards (or version 2)
- Free, Black and White CVC Crack the Code Worksheets
- Secret CVC Words Worksheets – Beginning Sounds with Magnetic Letters
- Detective Case File Crack the Code CVC Words
- Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
- Peter Pan CVC Coloring Pages
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Caterpillar Spring CVC Words
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Build a Snowman Winter CVC Words Practice
- Ice Cream CVC Word Match & Build
- Bee CVC Worrksheets pdf
- Easter CVC Words Activity
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh
- Star Wars CVC Games
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity
- Cooking Up Rhymes: Read & Dab CVC Words Activity
- Going on a Bear Hunt CVC Games Online
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Roll and Read CVC Sentences
- Monster Match CVC Words Worksheets
- Farm CVC Animal Words
- Sundae CVC words worksheets for kindergarten pdf free
- “at” CVC Word family worksheets pdf
- Heart Penguin CVC Words
- Dab-a-Dot CVC Worksheets Mazes
- Popsicle Rhyme & Dab CVC Words Practice
- Airplane Rhyming Words CVC Words Worksheets
- CVC Games pdf – Word Bump
- Spring Bird CVC Word Activity
- Ice Cream CVC Word Activities
- Reading Words Free CVC Printables
- Short a words Reader
- Caterpillar CVC Word mats
- Snowman CVC Words Activity
- BUMP! CVC Words Game
- Christmas CVC Words Printable
- at Family Words Worksheets
- Planting Carrots CVC Activity for Kindergarten
- Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities
Don’t miss all our free first grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Crack the Code Worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal / home use only. To use in a classroom, please purchase the teacher licensed version in my shop.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you so much for this beautiful material. It is very useful!
So glad we can help!
Thank you so much. Finding your page is such a blessing. God bless you and your family.
Glad you found us!
In the crack the code 2, what is the second picture for letter a?
an ASTRONAUT 😉
In sort 1 what is the 3rd picture with the Mustache, Aligator and ?
Thanks for this resource! I’ve been looking for this type of activity for my 4-year old.
Thank you so much