Kids love playing with playdough! Playdough is a fun and relaxing activity that allows kids to strengthen motor skills, be creative, and is great for sensory development. When you use these FREE Spring Playdough Counting Mats it is also a great way to practice counting to 20!
Spring Activities for Kids
- Fun Flower Sight Word Mazes
- Seeds make 10 Activity (addition game)
- HUGE Farm Unit
- Spring Letter Reversal Worksheets
- K is for Kite Alphabet Craft
- Bubble Word Family Sorting Activity
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Free Flower Names Puzzles
- Garden Printable Pack
- Ladybug Alphabet Activity
- Spring Playdough Counting Mats
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment
Spring Playdough Counting Mats
This 22-page Spring Playdough Counting Mats pack contains one spring-themed playdough mat for each of the numbers one through twenty. See all our Kindergarten Counting Activities
First, print the playdough mats on color and laminate them for durability (playdough has an effect on paper.). Alternatively, you could place them in sheet protectors and then just switch out which one you are working on.
Ways to Use These Spring Counting Playdough Mats
- On each mat, you will find one large number. This is great for number formation. Your child can form the number out of playdough and then move onto the counting part of the mat. Then they can add the correct number of balls of playdough or raindrop shapes to the number frames. Then they can they make their own raindrops or balls out of playdough; we used blue play dough; placing the correct number of raindrops around the duck and holding the umbrella. They could also use blue sequins instead of play dough.
- Alternatively, if you have laminated these mats, your child can use them to practice their handwriting as well. Using a dry-erase marker, you child and trace the number, draw the correct number of raindrops and then place the correct number of a dots or crosses in the ten frame.
- They could also use math counters, cut out shapes, foam stickers or game board pieces on these mats as well.
- Once they ready to move on, you could use these mats for simple addition and subtraction practice. Using two different colours of play dough, have your child create problems around the snowman and in the ten frames, for example on mat number 6 they could add two blue raindrops and four blue balls to equal six.
Download Spring Playdough Counting Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!