Make learning to read fun with these super cute, cvc word puzzles free printable. Print pdf file and print template in color or black and white to practice building cvc words one sound at a time. These cvc word puzzles are such a fun way to start sounding out words and reading with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Use this cvc words activity to make working on phonics skills FUN!
CVC Word Puzzles
CVC word puzzles free printable
Simply print cvc puzzles printable pages in color or black and white. If you print in black and white, your child can decorate the clipart with crayons, markers or colored pencils. Then I suggest printing on cardstock or using a laminator for durability.
Cut the cvc worksheets apart into puzzles by cutting on the dotted line to practice with CVC words you’d like:
- a CVC Words – bag, bag, cab, fan, jam, map, sad, wax, hat
- e CVC Words – bed, gem, leg, net, pen, web, jet, red, hen
- i CVC Words – bib, fin, mix, dig, wig, lip, six, kit, sit
- o CVC Words – box, dog, mop, pot, pod, log, top, cop, hop
- u CVC Words – nut, cup, sub, sun, rug, mud, cut, tub, hut
CVC Words Activity
Puzzles are available in color or black and white.
Each section of this CVC words activity has its own picture and letters to help kids learn to sound out words. The pictures give context and picture clues for early learners in Preschool and Kindergarten.
CVC Words Kindergarten
I suggest doing this cvc word puzzle with your child one at a time. As they put together a puzzle have them sound out the letters one at a time and then say them together to say the CVC word.
This is great practice for Preschool and Kindergarten age kids.
CVC puzzles free
See this cvc words puzzle activity in action above!
CVC words worksheets
Looking for more cvc words worksheets and cvc word printable activities to maker learning fun? Check out these ideas and resources:
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
CVC Word Activity
looking for more fun vowel activities and resources to make learning to read and spell words fun? Check these out!
- Missing Vowels Clip Cards are a fun way for kindergartners and first grade students to practice adding in the missing vowel sounds
- Practice adding short and long vowels to word with these no-prep Vowels Worksheets
- Practice matching vowels sounds to clipart with these puzzles featuring Kindergarten Vowels
- Make practicing FUN with this cute short vowel games or use this long vowel games
- Grab these super cute CVC word puzzles free printable
- Handy Long Vowel Sounds Worksheets
- MIssing Sound Clip Cards Vowel Activities
- Practice adding short a words with this cut and paste activity for kids
- Long a vowel clip cards
- Short e words printable book for practicing adding the e vowel
- Cut and Paste short i words mini book
- Short i words Printable sight word reader for kids to practice reading short i words
- Cute Bunny Short i words puzzles are a fun way for kids to practice listening for the short i sound in words this spring!
- Work on short o words with this cut and paste booklet for kids to read, build, and write
- Cut and paste short u cvc words printable book for practicing adding the u vowel
- Spring Vowel Worksheets
- Printable vowel activities for kindergarten
- See all our Vowels activities here
CVC Word puzzles pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!