Are you working on learning cvc at words? These handy at family words worksheets are a great way to help kindergarten and first graders work on spelling and reading these words as they work on phonics skills. Simply download pdf file with at word family activity and you are ready to play and learn!
CVC at words
Nothing brings a proud smile to a child’s face like successfully reading words for the first time. Not to mention the smile it brings to the family! The first words children normally learn to read are CVC or consonant – vowel – consonant words. These simple three letter words allow your child his first steps at reading success. To further provide steps to success you can start with word families so your child can easily master several words in a short time. The at word family printable pack offered here focuses on “AT” words such as cat, hat, rat, mat, bat, sat, and pat. These at word family activity are perfect for kindergartners and grade 1 students to read and spell cvc at words. Plus, you will love the low prep nature of these at family words worksheets.
at Family Words Worksheets
at Word Family Activity
Download and print the free CVC Printable Pack for “AT” Words. The CVC words in this pack all have the same ending sound. If your child focuses on mastering blending “A” and “T” then she is well on her way to learning several words. The first page instructs your child to cut out several “AT” words and glue them under the picture of the corresponding word. The second and third pages instruct your child to read the word, color the picture, and write the word. This interactive worksheet helps your child solidify the words through a multi-sensory approach. The final page instructs your child to write the first letter of each word while tracing the ending sound. The pictures are used for each as a clue to which word to write.
Tips for Using the CVC Printable Pack for “AT” Words
- Have your child read aloud each word on the sheet as she is working. This will help learn reading faster!
- As your child writes a word have her sound out the letters as she goes to encourage her understanding and use of phonics.
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Reading Words Free CVC Printables
- Short a words Reader
- Caterpillar CVC Word mats
- Snowman CVC Words Activity
- BUMP! CVC Words Game
- Christmas CVC Words Printable
- at Family Words Worksheets
- Planting Carrots CVC Activity for Kindergarten
- Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.