This super cute, April themed Spring Showers Letter Matching activity makes it fun for preschool and kindergarten age kids to practice matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
This fun, hands-on spring activity is a great way for preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age kids to practice letter recognition.
We just love making learning fun with engaging, educational activites that help kids get excited about learning and retain what they’ve learned. This free printable alphabet activity combines an important early literacy skill with a fun spring themed learning activity. Kids will see the frequent rain, colorful umbrellas, large rain drops, and warming weather in April and be ready to try this fun learning game.
Whether you are a teacher, homeschooler, or parent – kids will have fun with this educational activity that improves literacy and allows students to become familiary with their ABCs.
Cut out the blue letter raindrops and the umbrellas. If you prefer less prep, you can leave the the rain umbrella uncut. Either way this alphabet matching game is sure to make practicing letters from A to Z fun for preschoolers and kindergartners. Use this printable game in a literacy center, spring theme, on a rainy day, or any other april themed activity for young learners.
Students will pick up a raindrop and identify the letter. Above is a lower case letter d.
Now students will place the letter on the corresponding letter on the umbrella. There are several ways to play depending on your students abilities and the skills you are working on:
- capital letter umbrella to other uppercase raindrop letters
- lowercase umbrella letters to other lowercase raindrop letters
- or upper case umbrella letters to lower case raindrop letters
Spring Activites for Kids
- Butterfly Spring Addition Printable Mats
- Simple Spring Printable Place Value Cards
- Shape Spring Playdough Mats
- Kindergarten Spring Worksheets
- Spring Color Words Worksheets with Do a Dot Markers
- Kite Color Matching Activity
- Spring Printable Number Puzzles 1-20
- Suduko Puzzles Spring Printable
- Spring Craft for kids using an ink pad
- Chromotography Spring Science for kids
- Spring Printable Coloring Sheets
- Count & Clip Spring Printabe
- 1:1 Correspondence Spring Printable with jelly beans
Plus, don’t miss our most popular alphabet printables including our: Alphabet Coloring Pages, Alphabet Worksheets, Alphabet Printable Hats, Alphabet Playdough Mats,vAlphabet Do a Dot Printables, Fruit Loop Alphabet Printable Snack Mats, and printable alphabet crafts.
Download Spring Showers Letter Matching
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!