Do you have a preschool or kindergarten age child who is looking for prewriting worksheets? These super cute space printables are lots of fun for children working on prewriting skills like holding a pencil, controlling a pencil, following lines. These pre writing worksheets have kids zoom around in space to help the astronaut go where they need to get. Simply download pre writing activities for preschoolers pdf file with the cute pre writing skills worksheets.
Prewriting practice is super important for our little learners. Developing those fine motor skills to be able to hold a pencil correctly AND controlling it takes practice. Use these pre writing worksheets is a fun, easy, NO PREP way to help toddlers, preschooolers, and kindergartners get that important practice. Trace along the paths to playfully “help the astronaut or aliens” while practicing all those skills and more without realising it is “work”. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these prewriting worksheets with a fun space theme or astronaut theme for kids!
Pre writing worksheets pdf
Print the free Space prewriting pages(there are 6 altogether) and laminate or use a dry-erase pocket, or any other plastic sleeve that can wipe off easily, to make the printables reusable. Provide a dry-erase marker, beads, buttons, pompoms or mini erasers/small toys to follow the path.
Pre writing skills worksheets
Using a dry-erase pen: simply follow the path and help the astronaut to the planet! Try not to lift the marker. Be careful not to go off of the path into the unknown and get lost in space! Using a dry-erase marker on a surface like this is quite tricky because it slides easily, but good practice nonetheless!
Using mini erasers or small toys(I would recommend you start it this method before moving onto a marker): Use the eraser or toy to follow the path, in the same way you would with a marker.
Space worksheets for preschoolers
Using beads, buttons or pompoms(remember to supervise young kids using these small parts because they can easily land up in noses, ears or mouths): Pack out the items on the paths to help the astronaut or alien friends. Picking up these small items add extra fine motor practice(the pincer grip-using the thumb and forefinger) to this activity.
Such a fun way to practice those fine motor skills with these Space prewriting paths! Add the pages to a small folder with the marker and toys and you have a handy activity to take along when going on a road trip or a restaurant! Grab your fee set now!
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of Free Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- The Sun for Kids
- Moon for Kids & Astronauts Too
- Solar system worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Paint Stick Solar System Project for Kids
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on constellation activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Project
- Solar System Colouring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Constellations Book for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Printable
- Free Constellation Flashcards
- Moon Phases Worksheets
- Planets Printable Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Pre writing activities for preschoolers pdf
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!