Kids will have fun practicing identifying American money with this FREE Farm Money Practice that includes a hands on activity and worksheets too.
Kids need lots of practice learning to recognize both sides of coins including pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, and half dollars. This money themed activity is a great way to sneak in some coin recognition to supplement your pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this money activity and money worksheet to add to your farm them, math center, extra practice, or summer learning.
There are two parts to this kindergarten money activity to help kids work on coin recognition and coin values: colorful hands-on activity and black and white money worksheets.
Now cut apart the farms and the hay stacks. Now you are ready for this money activity to work on coin recognition and identifying the value of American currency.
Coin Value for Kids
Kindergartners will look at the coin in the haystack and figure out what it is – penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar, or dollar bill. Then they will place it on top of the black and white haystack with the barn with the coin name / value it corresponds with. Continue sorting the haystacks until they are all on the correct mats.
If you prefer you can do this activity in a money worksheet. For this kindergarten math activity, you can print a similar activity in black and white using the money worksheets. These can be done in addition to the hands on activity (to turn in to correct) or instead of the colorful activity. In these math worksheets for kindergartners kids will color the haystacks that belong with the barn at the beginning of the row.
Farm Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, FREE farm printables for kids? Take a peak below!
- Farm Sentence Worksheets – practice building sentences as you cut and paste
- Baby Farm Animal Puzzles.
- Farm Do a Dot Printables to do with bingo markers or circle stickers to practice numbers 1-10 with these
- Farm Sequencing Worksheets
- I Live on the Farm Emergent Reader to make with cutting and pasting
- Planting Carrot CVC Words
- Farm Color by Number Worksheets for practicing number recognition as you reveal hidden images
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- Farm Cutting Printables. help kids strengthen motor skills and accuracy using scissors
- I Spy Farm Animals
- Fun 25 Farm Activities for kids of all ages
- Farm Printable Pack
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Farm themed Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- HUGE Farm Unit has everything you could want to teach Kindergartners life cycles, math, and literacy plus science experiments, social studies, emergent readers and so much more!
Looking for more fun ways to learn about American money, coin recognition and its value? You will love these free printables:
- Color the Coins – Coin Recognition Worksheet – great for working on coin recognition
- Money for Kids – Cut & Paste Book – great for learning the names and value of American currency
- Carnival Subtraction Money Game – fun game for learning about subtracting money
- Robot Money Practice – also great for coin recognition
- Mini Golf Money Game
- Money for Kids Mini Book- great reference tool
- Grocery Task Cards Money Game
- Hungry Caterpillar Money Game – fun way for kids to practice using money to buy things
Download Farm Money Practice
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!