Looking for a fun way to practice reading simple CVC Words to practice phonics skills? You will love this Plane Rhyming CVC Words activity. Simply grab a bingo dauber and the free do a dot printables in the pdf file and you are ready to read, rhyme, and dab word families. Preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students will have fun practicing sounding out words with the letter sounds they’ve learned while listening for and seeing similar letter patterns in these words.
Rhyming CVC Words
Kindergarteners, preschoolers, and grade 1 students will LOVE this CVC activity! Kids will choose a card and find the matching short vowel sound and then use a dot marker to identify short vowel words that rhyme with the word on each plane. These are practically print and go cards! As children read and dab they will be having fun rhyming CVC Words with a cute airplane theme activity.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this clever activity to practice reading words as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
Do a Dot Printables
Print as many cards as you need for the number of students in your class (there are blacklines in case you prefer these). Be sure to have enough of those cards for your dot marking center. You could also choose to laminate the cards and use them with dry erase markers.
CVC Word Printable
I LOVE using learning mats – they are so much fun for kids and best of all, they are quick to setup and play! Use these mats to help kids learn to read and identify rhyming and CVC short vowel words. We know that with learning, repetition and practice is key. Kids will be motivated to find and use dot markers to identify their CVC words short vowel sounds using these fun plane themed cards. After you’ve printed and laminated (optional) the cards and the mats, place the mats on the table and show the kids what they need to do. They choose a card and read the short vowel CVC word on the plane at the top, they then find and read words on the circles and dab the rhyming words to solve each strip. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for that card. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the matching words.
CVC Words Activity
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards! CVC Rhymes included are:
- had – mad, sad, bad, lad, Dad, tad
- bed – led, red, wed, fed
- lip – hip, sip, pip, rip, tip
- cot – pot, hot, dot, jot, lot
- bug – lug, dug, jug, mug
- bet – get, let, jet, met
- map – lap, tap, nap, gap
- big – dig, fig, gig, jig, pig
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Super cute Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Christmas Phonics Activity for working on phonics skills with word families!
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Activity
- Turkey Word Family Sort
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Easter Egg Word Families Activity
- Word Family Flowers Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Transportation Word Family Slides Printables with blends
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Free printable Rhyming Word Families Kindergarten
- Lion Words Family Printable – read and clip
- Planting Carrot CVC Words worksheets
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free transportation printables to help kids learn a variety of skills with a fun transporation theme? You will love these transportation free printables:
- Construction Worksheets – looking for another huge pack with tons of activities to help teach your kindergartner? You will love this huge construction theme!
- Dump Truck Counting Mat – Count to 20 activity that uses foil or playdough as a hands on manipulative.
- Help kid spractice a variety of skills with this HUGE pack of Transportation Worksheets
- Transportation Kindergarten Word Families Sliders – help kids improve reading skills with this fun transportation themed learning activity
- Tools matching upper and lowercase letters game printable activity
- Pool Noodle Airplane Craft
- Free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters – practice handwriting while tracing letters with this fun transportation theme printable
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables to practice a variety of math and literacy skills with a no prep activity for early learners.
- Transportation Playdough Mats – Kids will have fun recreating vehicles while strengthening hands using play dough.
- School Bus Alphabet Matching – practice matter upper and lowerase letters with a fun back to school theme.
- Check out these transportation activities for preschool
- Transportation Pom Pom Activity Sheets – work on one to one correspondence with this fun hands-on transportation activity
- Make some artwork as you try this silly painting with cars activity for kids
- Practicing counting to 100 with this number train printable
- Don’t miss these fun-to-read Transportation Books for Kids
- Airplane cvc words worksheets to complete with do a dot markers
- Crazy Roads Kindergarten Sight Words Game or the pre-k sight words version or first grade sight words games edition
- Practice sight words with this fun, Train themed sightwordgame
Download CVC Words Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!