Kindergartners will have fun working on reading skills this December with this super cute, FREE printable Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh. This Christmas CVC activity is perfect for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to sneak in some fun, hands-on Christmas learning. Simply print Christmas printables to plan you Kindergarten Christmas lesson plan to keep kids engaged and make learning fun this holiday season!
Christmas CVC Words
For this fun Christmas literacy activity, children will say the name of the item in Santa’s red toy sack out loud and listenf ro each of the letter sounds. Then they will build the word they said letter by letter with the green and red alphabet letter presents. This Christmas CVC Words is such a fun way to work on Christmas phonics and more fun than Christmas worksheets!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the extra practice this reading activity gives your students in phonemic awareness and spelling cvc words! Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
This is such a fun literacy activity for Kindergartners in December. Start out by printing out the pages in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. You will need both the sleighs and alphabet presents.
Then cut out the Santa’s sleigh cards apart – there are four cards per page and one page per short vowel. Then cut apart the alphabet letters.
HINT: If you want to just work on short a, short e, short i, short o, or short u words just print the two pages: santa sleigh and corresponding presents page.
Beginning Sounds Activity
This activity can be used as a simple Christmas beginning sounds activity instead if you prefer. Instead of spelling the whole cvc word, you can have students match Santa’s sleight with the gift that has the same initial sound as the present featured in the toy bag.
Or take the Kindergarten Christmas activity with free printable a step farther. Say the picture on the sleigh out loud. In the example above it is a cup. Students will slowly say the word and find the alphabet presents with those letters: c – u – p.
Kids will continue making four cvc words for each short vowel. Each set consists of the sleigh and the alphabet presents that spell the CVC picture on the sleight. Above a bib is pictured and then with presents it is spelled out b – i – b.
This is a fun and FREE printable Christmas CVC Words activity with kindergartners and first graders!
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these alphabet and literacy activities!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun Christmas activities for Kindergarten making candycane sight words
- Santa Sleigh Christmas CVC Words printable activity
- Christmas Tracting Letter Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Stringing Lights Christmas Sight Words Activity
- Free Polar Express Printables Color by Letter
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Ornaments Letter Tracing Christmas Activities for Kindergarten
- Gingerbread Alphabet Tracing – Christmas Activity for Preschoolers
- HOliday Gingerbread Sight Words – Christmas Activities for Kindergarteners
- No Prep Christmas worksheets for kindergarten
- Beginning Sounds Christmas Worksheets
- Sight Words Gingerbread Coloring Page
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Color by Sight Words Christmas Worksheets
Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas science ideas? Check these out!
- Fizzy Ornaments Baking soda christmas ornaments
- Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM Activities
- Spinning Christmas Tree Christmas Science Experiments
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
- Lots of Christmas Science Experiments Kids will love!
- Beautiful Borax Crystal Christmas Tree Science Experiment
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment for December
- Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM
- Rudolph Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Science Magic Milk Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Gumdrop Ornaments Science Activity for December
- Beautiful Chromatography Christmas Science Activities for Preschoolers
- Christmas Science Lime Battery Electricity Experiment for Preschoolers
- Dissolving Holiday Peeps Christmas STEM
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
- Christmas Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Easy Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Simple Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Free Skip Counting Christmas Math Worksheets
- Skip Counting Christmas Math clip cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Tree Printables
- Christmas math worksheets for kindergarten Color by Number on a Hundreds Chart
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Twas the Night Before Christmas Color by Number Math Worksheets
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting book
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Christmas Math Puzzles Count to 20 Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Gingerbread man sequencing printable activity for kids
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Polar Express Telling Time Christmas Worksheets pdf
- Gingerbread Math Activities – Addition Puzzles
- BINGO December Writing Prompts
- December Holiday Coloring Pages for Kids
- Christmas Name Craft and Activity for Preschoolers
- Christmas I Spy Printable Worksheets
- Nativity Worksheets include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
- FREE Christmas Scavenger Hunt Game for Kids
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!
- Christmas Printable Hat Craft
- Easy Christmas Suncatcher Craft
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Construction Paper Christmas Wreath Craft Decoration for Kids
- 31 Magical December Crafts for kids
- Construction Paper Christmas Candle Craft
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
- Snowy Street Homemade Christmas Cards
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
FIXED! Santa Sleigh CVC Words
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!