Young learners will love this silly Lion Rhyming Words Activity! Print pdf file with free rhyming printable and let students use a hole puncher to practice rhyming. This rhyming activity is perfect for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to improve litearcy skills. We love using rhyming activities for kindergarten to keep kids engaged and eager to learn! There are 6 lion word families to punch and rhyme in tihs rhyming words activity.
Kindergarten kids will LOVE this rhyming printable! The super cute lion theme and hands-on element using a hole punch make it way more fun than using rhyming words worksheet for kindergarten. Kids will choose a card and find the matching short vowel sound and then use a hole puncher to identify short vowel words that rhyme with the word on each lion card. This rhyming activities for kindergarten are practically print and go cards! This hands-on education rhyming words activity is a great way for preschoolers, kindergarrners, and grade 1 students to practice rhyming.
A multitude of research has shown a correlation between rhyming and reading preparedness. Manipulating words when rhyming helps kids improve their oral language skills. Finally, Phonemic awareness lays the groundwork for written language.
Rhyming activities for kindergarten
For parents, teachers, and homeschoolers to prepare this cvc words rhyming activity, you will need just a few items;
- A4 paper
- Printer (the freebie is in black and white to help you save on printing costs)
- Scissors (to cut the lion heads out; students could do this themselves )
- Hole puncher (this activity is fantastic way to help preschoolers and kindergartners improve coordination and strengthen those muscles they will need to begin writing letters and words!)
Print as many cards as you need for the number of students in your class. There are 6 different rhyming lions to make in this printable pack. If using for a literacy center, be sure to have enough of those cards for your center.
- You could also choose to laminate the cards and use them with dry erase markers.
- Students could turn this kindergarten literacy activity into a craft by threading yellow / orange / brown yarn threw the holes they made and tying it. Threading yarn is a wonderful way for children to develop small-muscle control and strength in their fingers. They will need these muscles when learning to write!
Rhyming words activity
I LOVE using learning mats – they are so much fun for kids and best of all, they are quick to setup and play! Use these cards to help kids learn to read and identify rhyming and CVC short vowel words. We know that with learning, repetition and practice is key. Kids will be motivated to find and use the hole puncher to identify their CVC words short vowel sounds. After you’ve printed and the cards, place them on the table and show the kids what they need to do. They choose a card and read the short vowel CVC word on the ‘lion’s nose’, they then find and read words on the mane and hole punch the rhyming words to complete the mane. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for that card. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they hole punch it.
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards! You could also choose to print two pages on one to save paper.
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten,
- BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Snowman Word Family Printable Spinners
- Christmas Tree Word Family Game
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Game
- Turkey Word Family Activity
- Kindergarten Word Family Sliders
- CVC Words Booklents – short “a”
- Pumpkin Word Family Printables
- Easter Word Family Activity
- Flower Word Family worksheets Cut & Paste
- Transportation Word Family Printable Sliders (Blends)
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Rhyming Word Family Printable Strips
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Blowing Bubbles Word Families Kindergarten
Lion CVC WOrds
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Lion Rhymes <<