This planting Cartot CVC Words Activity is an outrageously fun, hands-on printable for students to practice forming sight words. Great literacy activity for pre k, kindergartners, and first graders.
Studnets seem to have a fascination with life on the farm. Maybe it’s because so few of us actually get to experince life on a farm first hand. From planting and harvesting vegetables, to driving tractors, carrying for baby animals, milking cows, riding horses, and more – farm themed activites are always a hit.
Kids will love practicing reading and understanding cvc words with this fun, hands on educational activity for early readers.
CVC Words List
The kindergarten cvc words included in this activity are: cab, dab, gab, crab, bat, cat, fat, rat, sat, bad, dad, sad, ban, can, fan, plan, than, bag, rag, tag, flag, cap, lap, map, ham, clam, back, snack, bed, sled, beg, leg, jet, pet, wet, den, ten, neck, bell, sell, smell, hit, sit, hid, kid, big, pig, swim, hip, kick, stick, fish, dish, bin, win, chin, cot, dot, hot, cob, fog, log, frog, lock, sock, hut, nut, sub, tub, bug, mug, rug, drum, run, bun, mud, duck, truck, brush, pup, and bus.
CVC Words Activities
This spring cvc words activity is more fun and engagine than than just handing out cvc words worksheets. It is a hands on literacy activity to help kids work on visual discrimniation, letter discrimination, phonemic awareness, and more!
It takes a little extra work to prep this kindergarten game, but it is well worth it when you see the hours of educational fun your students will get out of it. Wheter you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you child will love this spring literacy activity!
Give each student the farm page with the large plant of dirt to be planted. Next, students will pick one of the 81 CVC word seed packets to plant. Then, using the carrot letters, they will plant the word on the seed pack to plant the sight word in the dirt.
This is such an engaging activitity for pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students.
These super cute carrot alphabet letters are a fun way for kids to practice their cvc word list for kindergarten.
If you like, included in the pack is also a cvc words printable where children can write the words they plant on the black and white worksheet. Then they can draw a picture of what that word means. This is great early reading practice for kindergartners.
Easter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands-on, educational activites for toddler, preschool, kindergaten, grade 1, and grade 2 students to try during April? You will love these free printable ideas!
- BINGO Easter Game
- Printable Bunny Ear Hat
- Super cute Easter Alphabet Mats
- Practice Patterns with Plastic Easter Egg Activity
- Paper Bag Easter Craft
- Easter Printable Spelling Printable
- Easter Egg Homophones Game
- Printable Easter Color by Letter or Color by Number Worksheets
- Easter Craft Hats to Color by Number
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt Printable
- Printable Easter Craft
- Bunny & Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Egg Word Family Activities
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Color Words Emergent Reader
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, free math worksheets, grammar worksheets, sight words activities, abc printables, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download CVC Words Activities
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!