This planting Cartot CVC Words Activity is an outrageously fun, hands-on printable for students to practice forming sight words. Great literacy activity for pre k, kindergartners, and first graders.
Studnets seem to have a fascination with life on the farm. Maybe it’s because so few of us actually get to experince life on a farm first hand. From planting and harvesting vegetables, to driving tractors, carrying for baby animals, milking cows, riding horses, and more – farm themed activites are always a hit.
Kids will love practicing reading and understanding cvc words with this fun, hands on educational activity for early readers.
CVC Words List
The kindergarten cvc words included in this activity are: cab, dab, gab, crab, bat, cat, fat, rat, sat, bad, dad, sad, ban, can, fan, plan, than, bag, rag, tag, flag, cap, lap, map, ham, clam, back, snack, bed, sled, beg, leg, jet, pet, wet, den, ten, neck, bell, sell, smell, hit, sit, hid, kid, big, pig, swim, hip, kick, stick, fish, dish, bin, win, chin, cot, dot, hot, cob, fog, log, frog, lock, sock, hut, nut, sub, tub, bug, mug, rug, drum, run, bun, mud, duck, truck, brush, pup, and bus.
CVC Words Activities
This spring cvc words activity is more fun and engagine than than just handing out cvc words worksheets. It is a hands on literacy activity to help kids work on visual discrimniation, letter discrimination, phonemic awareness, and more!
It takes a little extra work to prep this kindergarten game, but it is well worth it when you see the hours of educational fun your students will get out of it. Wheter you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you child will love this spring literacy activity!
Spring Activities for Kindergarten
Give each student the farm page with the large plant of dirt to be planted. Next, students will pick one of the 81 CVC word seed packets to plant. Then, using the carrot letters, they will plant the word on the seed pack to plant the sight word in the dirt.
This is such an engaging activitity for pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students.
These super cute carrot alphabet letters are a fun way for kids to practice their cvc word list for kindergarten.
cvc words worksheets
If you like, included in the pack is also a cvc words printable where children can write the words they plant on the black and white worksheet. Then they can draw a picture of what that word means. This is great early reading practice for kindergartners.
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Snowman Word Family Printable Spinners
- Christmas Tree Word Family Game
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Game
- Turkey Word Family Activity
- Kindergarten Word Family Sliders
- CVC Words Booklents – short “a”
- Pumpkin Word Family Printables
- Easter Word Family Activity
- Flower Word Family worksheets Cut & Paste
- Transportation Word Family Printable Sliders (Blends)
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Rhyming Word Family Printable Strips
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Blowing Bubbles Word Families Kindergarten
Looking for more FREE farm printables to help kids learn a variety of skills? You will love these resources:
- Farm Subtracting Money Games
- Farm I Spy Printables
- Farm Theme
- Are You My Mother? Farm animals and their babies printables
- Farm Free printable books for beginning readers
- Farm Hidden pictures printable
- Seasons on the Farm – teaching seasons to kindergarten
- Farm cutting practice worksheets
- Farm Coloring Pages
- Free Farm Color by Number
- Farm do a dot printables numbers
- Farm Unit – over 220+ pages for Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade
- Preschool Farm Activities Free
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- free printable farm animals worksheets
- Farm Sequencing Activity
- Printable Farm Cutting Practice Strips
- Farm Books for Preschoolers
- Fun Farm Activities
- Super cute free printable Farm Worksheets
- C is for Cow
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Egg Word Family Activities
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Color Words Emergent Reader
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE kindergarten alphabet worksheets, free kindergarten worksheets, kindergarten math printables, easy science projects, kindergarten English, crafts for kindergartners, and kindergarten activities.
Download CVC Words Activities
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!