Kindergartners will have fun working on reading skills this December with this super cute, FREE printable Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh. This Christmas CVC activity is perfect for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to sneak in some fun, hands-on Christmas learning. Simply download Christmas printables to plan you Kindergarten Christmas lesson plan to keep kids engaged and make learning fun this holiday season!
Christmas CVC Words
For this fun Christmas literacy activity, children will say the name of the item in Santa’s red toy sack out loud and listenf ro each of the letter sounds. Then they will build the word they said letter by letter with the green and red alphabet letter presents. This Christmas CVC Words is such a fun way to work on Christmas phonics and more fun than Christmas worksheets!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the extra practice this reading activity gives your students in phonemic awareness and spelling cvc words! Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
This is such a fun literacy activity for Kindergartners in December. Start out by printing out the pages in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. You will need both the sleighs and alphabet presents.
Then cut out the Santa’s sleigh cards apart – there are four cards per page and one page per short vowel. Then cut apart the alphabet letters.
HINT: If you want to just work on short a, short e, short i, short o, or short u words just print the two pages: santa sleigh and corresponding presents page.
Beginning Sounds Activity
This activity can be used as a simple Christmas beginning sounds activity instead if you prefer. Instead of spelling the whole cvc word, you can have students match Santa’s sleight with the gift that has the same initial sound as the present featured in the toy bag.
Or take the Kindergarten Christmas activity with free printable a step farther. Say the picture on the sleigh out loud. In the example above it is a cup. Students will slowly say the word and find the alphabet presents with those letters: c – u – p.
Kids will continue making four cvc words for each short vowel. Each set consists of the sleigh and the alphabet presents that spell the CVC picture on the sleight. Above a bib is pictured and then with presents it is spelled out b – i – b.
This is a fun and FREE printable Christmas CVC Words activity with kindergartners and first graders!
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these activities!
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Free Nativity Printables include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Practice sight words with this hands-on activity with these Free Christmas Printables
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun candy cane sight words activity for early learners
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Free Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables CVC Words Activity
- No Prep Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting Book
- Free Christmas Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Number to 100
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Christmas Counting to 20 Puzzles
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Free gingerbread man sequencing activity
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!
- Easy Christmas Suncatchers Craft
- 31 Magical December Crafts for Kids
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Printable Hat Craft
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
FIXED! Download Santa Sleigh CVC Words
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!