Kindergartners will have fun working on reading skills with this FREE Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh activity perfect for December.
CVC Words for Kindergarten
Looking for more fun ways for kids to work on CVC words? Check out these free pritnables:
- CVC Word Puzzles
- Build a Snowman CVC Words
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- CVC Words Short A Book
- Scarecrow CVC Words Activity
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
This is such a fun literacy activity for Kindergartners in December. Start out by printing out the pages in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. You will need both the sleighs and alphabet presents.
Then cut out the Santa’s sleigh cards apart – there are four cards per page and one page per short vowel. Then cut apart the alphabet letters.
HINT: If you want to just work on short a, short e, short i, short o, or short u words just print the two pages: santa sleigh and corresponding presents page.
This activity can be used as a simple Christmas alphabet activity where students match the sleigh with the present whose letter matches the sleigh pictures beginning sound. This is the simplest method and perfect for preschool, prek, and kindergarten age kids.
Or take the Kindergarten Christmas activity with free printable a step farther. Say the picture on the sleigh out loud. In the example above it is a cup. Students will slowly say the word and find the alphabet presents with those letters: c – u – p.
Christmas CVC Words
Kids will continue making four cvc words for each short vowel. Each set consists of the sleigh and the alphabet presents that spell the CVC picture on the sleight. Above a bib is pictured and then with presents it is spelled out b – i – b.
This is a fun and FREE printable Christmas CVC Words activity with kindergartners and first graders!
Christmas Activity for Kindergarten
Here are even more fun Christmas Activities for kindergartners:
- Christmas Letter Find Worksheets
- Clever Christmas Tic-Tac-Toe
- Free Christmas Patterns for Preschoolers (using playdough)
- Handprint Christmas Wreath Craft
- Christmas Letter Tracing Strips
- Christmas Beginning Sounds Match (free)
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Christmas Hundreds Chart Coloring Pages
- Christmas Tree Color Activity with pom poms
- Word Family Christmas Tree Activity
- Printable Christmas Counting Book
- Christmas Ornaments Trace & Erase
FIXED! Download Santa Sleigh CVC Words
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!