These super cute, free Grinch printables are a great way to sneak in some learning fun during the holiday season in December. Preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students will have fun working on beginning sounds with these Christmas printables. And because these are reusable, engaging puzzles – they are way more fun that the grinch worksheets. Simply download pdf file with Grinch Alphabet Game and you are ready to work on identifying the sounds letters make with a Grinch Themed activity.
Your kids will no longer think “you are a mean one Mr Grinch” because this Christmas learning activity is so much fun! The low prep Grinch game allows preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students work on phonemic awareness as they improve their phonics skills which will allow them to begin reading! Included in the grinch printables is a beginning sounds puzzle for every letter of the alphabet A to Z. The Grinch holds an alphabet letter in one part and a cute Christmas tree with a featured item is in the other.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love that these Christmas printables make learning fun during December! Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
Free Grinch printables
Simply print the free download in color on cardstock. You may also want to laminate the puzzles to make them extra durable and reusable. Cut the puzzle pieces apart.
Have students look at the letter Mr. Grinch is holding and tell you the sound that letter makes. Now, look for a Christmas tree with an object that starts with that same alphabet sound. Put the pieces together to make a match. Repeat until all puzzle pieces have been matched.
HINT: You can put the correct alphabet letter on the back of the tree pieces to make them self checking. This makes these great for a Christmas literacy center.
Grinch Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Grinch Crafts and Grinch Activity Ideas for the holiday season? check out these projects:
- LOTS of Grinch Crafts and Activities
- Oh-so-Green Mr. Grinch Slime Recipe
- Throw a fun Grinch Themed Party with Grinch food, crafts, activities and more!
- Grinch Alphabet Puzzles
- Yummy Grinch Christmas Cookies Recipe
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these activities!
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Free Nativity Printables include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Practice sight words with this hands-on activity with these Free Christmas Printables
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun candy cane sight words activity for early learners
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Free Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables CVC Words Activity
- No Prep Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting Book
- Free Christmas Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Number to 100
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Christmas Counting to 20 Puzzles
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Free gingerbread man sequencing activity
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!
- Easy Christmas Suncatchers Craft
- 31 Magical December Crafts for Kids
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Printable Hat Craft
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than
Download Grinch Alphabet Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!