Help kindergartners and first grade students practice skip counting during December with this super cute, free printable Christmas skip counting activity. This hands-on kindergarten Christmas math is a reusable christmas printables where children will mark what number comes next as students practice skip counting by 2s and skip counting by 3s.
Kindergarten Christmas Math
Looking for a fun way to get kids to learn skip counting? These Christmas themed skip counting strips are perfect for that! Learners will use dry erase markers or magnetic numbers, and then skip count to solve the number puzzles on each strip. Skip counting by 2 and 3 included.
Christmas skip counting
Christmas math activities for kindergarten
Print as many strip templates as you need for the number of students in your class. These cards can be laminated for durability but it is not necessary. You can differentiate these strips and use numbers up to 5 with some of your learners depending on their level.
Prepare and cut up the skip counting strips you can place these in a mini tub along with unifix cubes or super cute Christmas mini erasers, so the kids can pretend they are skip counting and clipping to help Santa and friends. There are also black and white options. Be sure to have enough cubes and strips if you’re using cubes. The students will then choose a card, then begin to skip count by that number. They can also use unifix cubes to assist them as they learn to skip count by 2 and 3. Watch the students as they do this – have them even roll play dough to create the skip counting numbers. Some kids will begin building their unifix cubes right away– that’s ok too. Just be sure they are doing this correctly. Have the kids clip and write the missing number with a dry erase marker.
Christmas activities for kindergarten
These tasks can easily be differentiated with your learners. Have the kids work on counting by 2s or 3s.
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more skip counting games and activities. Kids will love counting with the cute, festive, holiday themed clipart of Chrsitmas gifts, letters to Santa Claus, elf, candy canes, Santa, mailbox, hot cocoa, and more.
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these activities!
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Free Nativity Printables include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Practice sight words with this hands-on activity with these Free Christmas Printables
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun candy cane sight words activity for early learners
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Free Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables CVC Words Activity
- No Prep Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting Book
- Free Christmas Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Number to 100
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Christmas Counting to 20 Puzzles
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Free gingerbread man sequencing activity
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!
- Easy Christmas Suncatchers Craft
- 31 Magical December Crafts for Kids
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Printable Hat Craft
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than
Skip Counting Activities
Looking for more fun, engaging activities to help kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students practice skip counting? Try these free printable ideas:
- If you enjoyed skip counting using dot to dot printables you’ll love these ocean animal themed worksheets
- Constellations Skip Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Sundae Skip Counting Activity
- Multiplication Cards
- Hopping Numbers Printable
- Skip Counting Posters are great visuals for kindergarten math
- Craft Stick Skip Counting Activity (fantastic visual!)
- Where in the World Skip Counting Puzzles
- Skip Counting with Number Trains
- Smores Skip Counting Activity
- Follow the paths skip counting worksheets
- See all of our of skip counting activities
Download Christmas Skip Counting
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!