One of my favorite things to at Christmas is the beautiful candles that adorn windows and decorate inside. This simple construction paper Christmas craft is a great way for kids to recreate this holiday staple with an easy Christmas candle craft. Use this Christmas craft ideas for kindergarten, preschool, pre-k, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too.
Christmas Candle Craft
If you are looking for a pretty Christmas craft for kindergartners, preschoolers, toddlers, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students that isn’t a tree, wreath, or stocking – you will love this project idea! Kids will create a christmas candle craft that can be a decoration or a pretty decorated Christmas card out of paper. This quick, fun-to-make, and stunning kindy Christmas craft is such a fun December craft for kids to make! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this project.
Construction Paper Christmas Craft
All you need to make this pretty holiday craft are a few simple materials:
- construction paper – red, shades of green, yellow, and other
- red pompoms
- black marker
Christmas card craft
Start out by getting your cut-outs ready:
- 3 yellow candle flames
- 3 red strips to be the candle base
- 2 dark green holly leaves
- 2 light green, smaller holly leaves
Paper Christmas Craft
Now pick the color of your card and fold it in half or fourths. We glued a piece of black for one craft and white for the next on the face of the card for an extra pop.
Christmas Craft for Kindergarten
Then fold your red paper strips back and forth accordian style. We did three per card.
Next, glue the top and bottom edge of your red accordian candles on the card face.
Easy Christmas Crafts for Kindergarten
Now glue one set of green holly leaves over the bottom of the red candles.
Christmas card craft for kids
Next, glue the slightly smaller, light green holly leaves on top of the other leaves.
Attach three red pom pom berries where the leaves all join.
Christmas Craft Ideas for Kindergarten
Glue the yellow flames above the red candle sticks.
Kindy Christmas Craft
Use a sharpie or black marker to add a wick inside the candle flame.
If using a light color as the face of your card, you can add the glow of the candlelight with marker too.
Christmas Craft for Preschoolers
This is such a fun, holiday card for kids to make for family, friends, and neighbors in December. Open it up to write a personalized message and they are ready to deliver!
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these alphabet and literacy activities!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun Christmas activities for Kindergarten making candycane sight words
- Santa Sleigh Christmas CVC Words printable activity
- Christmas Tracting Letter Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Stringing Lights Christmas Sight Words Activity
- Free Polar Express Printables Color by Letter
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Ornaments Letter Tracing Christmas Activities for Kindergarten
- Gingerbread Alphabet Tracing – Christmas Activity for Preschoolers
- HOliday Gingerbread Sight Words – Christmas Activities for Kindergarteners
- No Prep Christmas worksheets for kindergarten
- Beginning Sounds Christmas Worksheets
- Sight Words Gingerbread Coloring Page
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Color by Sight Words Christmas Worksheets
Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas science ideas? Check these out!
- Fizzy Ornaments Baking soda christmas ornaments
- Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM Activities
- Spinning Christmas Tree Christmas Science Experiments
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
- Lots of Christmas Science Experiments Kids will love!
- Beautiful Borax Crystal Christmas Tree Science Experiment
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment for December
- Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM
- Rudolph Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Science Magic Milk Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Gumdrop Ornaments Science Activity for December
- Beautiful Chromatography Christmas Science Activities for Preschoolers
- Christmas Science Lime Battery Electricity Experiment for Preschoolers
- Dissolving Holiday Peeps Christmas STEM
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
- Christmas Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Easy Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Simple Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Free Skip Counting Christmas Math Worksheets
- Skip Counting Christmas Math clip cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Tree Printables
- Christmas math worksheets for kindergarten Color by Number on a Hundreds Chart
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Twas the Night Before Christmas Color by Number Math Worksheets
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting book
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Christmas Math Puzzles Count to 20 Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Gingerbread man sequencing printable activity for kids
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Polar Express Telling Time Christmas Worksheets pdf
- Gingerbread Math Activities – Addition Puzzles
- BINGO December Writing Prompts
- December Holiday Coloring Pages for Kids
- Christmas Name Craft and Activity for Preschoolers
- Christmas I Spy Printable Worksheets
- Nativity Worksheets include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
- FREE Christmas Scavenger Hunt Game for Kids
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!
- Christmas Printable Hat Craft
- Easy Christmas Suncatcher Craft
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Construction Paper Christmas Wreath Craft Decoration for Kids
- 31 Magical December Crafts for kids
- Construction Paper Christmas Candle Craft
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
- Snowy Street Homemade Christmas Cards
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe