These free printable Christmas reading comprehension worksheets are a great way to help kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students practice and improve their reading comprehension, vocabulary and their writing skills. Using these gingerbread man comprehension questions helps determine if children understand what they read. Plus these gingerbread man worksheets will also be working on their letter and word recognition which is an important part of learning to read.
Christmas reading comprehension worksheets
Use these free Christmas reading comprehension printables will help kindergartens, grade 1, and grade 2 students improve reading comprehension, vocabulary and writing. Also, through completing these Christmas worksheets children will be practicing their reading skills, as well as their understanding and making sense of material that they read. These are important skills that they will need later in life. These simple, yet thorough worksheets are a wonderful tool for young children to help improve their literacy skills.
Gingerbread man comprehension questions
The gingerbread man comprehension questions
Each reading passage is followed by exercises which for younger students focus on recalling information directly from the text and for older students focus on prediction, inference and character traits.In this downloadable pack, you will receive 15 different reading comprehension worksheets.
To complete these worksheets, children will read the four sentences in the box at the top of the page. Then they will answer three multiple choice questions below. They can circle the answer and then practice their handwriting by writing the answer on the line provided.
Reading comprehension worksheets
These worksheets could be laminated and held together with a ring. Then children can use a dry-erase marker to complete the activities.
To increase their learning, they could also read the story of The Gingerbread Man. As there are many variations of this story, they read a few different ones and compare the differences. If there are any words that they haven’t come across before, they could learn how to use a dictionary and find the meanings of these words.
- Kids will hav fun improving reading skills with these free Word Family Christmas Trees
- You will love these 31 Magical Christmas Crafts for Kids
- NO PREP activity to help Kindergartners practice skip counitng in December
- Practice sight words while making cookies using these GIngerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Work on letter recognition with these Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Build sight words with this fun Santa’s Sleigh CVC Words Activity
Christmas Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Kids will love practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters with these Christmas Trace & Erase Ornaments
- This epic Fizzy Ornaments Science Experiment is sure to be a hit!
- 50+ Ways to Improve Handwriting
- Practice matching upper and lowercase letters with these Grinch Alphabet Puzzles
- Learning Rhyme and Rhythm with Nursery Rhymes
- Strengthen motor skills with these Free Christmas Playdough Mats
- Preposition Printable Pack
- Christmas Tree Letter Find Worksheets
- Christmas Around the World for Kids (including free printables)
Reading Comprehension Printables
Help children improve reading comprehension with these free printable resources:
- Mammal Reading Comprehension Worksheets
- St Patrick’s day reading comprehension
- Gingerbread man comprehension questions
- Pizza Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension Bookmarks
- London Themed Free Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Christmas Reading Comprehension
By downloading you agree to:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!