Sight word mats are one of my favorite ways to help kids learn sight words. This one in particular is perfect for the summer months. Who doesn’t love camping in the summertime? This camping activity for kids allows children to work on reading CVC Words with a camping printable perfect for a camping theme, summer theme, or summer learning! Sight Word Mats will help children practice all CVC words in a fun and interactive way.
Camping sight words
Learning to spell and write CVC words is typically the first type of words that Kindergarteners focus on. It is important to have this base so that they can continue to learn to read in the future. Sight words are also important because they provide clues to the point of the text. When children become familiar with certain words, it may be enough to allow them to figure out what the rest of the sentence says. Even if they are guessing, it is still a great tool.
Camping Activities for Kids
These CVC mats feature a tent, some trees, camp rangers, a fire and more fun camping themed images.
The first step after printing the mat is to laminate it. This way you can use dry erase markers to write the words, or your children can. You could also use letter tiles or magnetic letters to form the words also. Otherwise you will need to print many copies.
This printable activity also comes with a sight word list. This is not a complete list, but it can get you started until you figure out which sight word method you are going to use.
There are three blue boxes on the mat. Each one of these is for one of the letters. So you can read the word and then children can write the letters in the box. This is not only helpful for forming the words but making sure they can write each of the letters.
Summer activity for kindergarten
This activity can be taken on the road, if you are going on a camping trip or any road trip to help keep kids entertained and keep their brains learning even when you are on vacation. If you have multiple children, it could be fun to have a race. Who can write the word the quickest? This can cause more mistakes to happen, but it is fun either way.
- Camping Tracing Strips
- Camping with Kids: Tips & Tricks
- 10 Games to Play Around a Campfire
- Camping Theme for a weeks worth of educational activities for kids of all ages
- Camping Counting Book
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Reading Words Free CVC Printables
- Short a words Reader
- Caterpillar CVC Word mats
- Snowman CVC Words Activity
- BUMP! CVC Words Game
- Christmas CVC Words Printable
- at Family Words Worksheets
- Planting Carrots CVC Activity for Kindergarten
- Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities
Camping Sight Words Printable
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!