Students will have fun working on reading skills with this fun spring rainbow themed rhyming activity for kindergarten, pre-k, and first grade students to work on literacy skills. Use this with your st patrick’s day activities to make learning fun in March. For this St patrick’s day Kindergarten activity simple use a dot marker to dab all the words that rhyme as you follow the rainbow to the pot of gold! Simply download pdf file with st patrick’s day printables and you are ready to play and learn!
St patrick’s day Activities
Why is rhyming so important? Rhyming helps teaches children begin to notice and work with sounds as they try to figure out how language works. Hearing the rhythm or rhymes helps them get better at making predictions which is an important reading skill. Parents, teachers, and homeschoolers are like will love these rhyming St Patrick’s Day Printables for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students to improve fluency and prepare them to be life long learners. This rainbow printables can be done as a spring theme or St Patricks day theme. Use this st patrick’s day activities at a literacay center in your classroom, homework, extra practice at home, seatwork, or as a supplement to your homeschool kindergarten.
St patrick’s day printables
St patrick’s day Kindergarten
Kindergarten kids will LOVE this st patrick day activities that helps kids improve reading! Kids will choose a card and find the matching short vowel sound and then use a dot marker to identify short vowel words that rhyme with the word on each cloud. These are great way to work on rhyming words for kindergarten.
- A4 paper
- Bingo daubers (also called dot markers, bingo markers, do a dot marker, etc.)
This spring rhyming activity can be used in black and white to save on printing costs or in full color for a fun, educational activty to brighten your March, April, and May. Print as many cards as you need for the number of students in your class . Be sure to have enough of those cards for your dot marking center. You could also choose to laminate the cards and use them with dry erase markers.
Spring Activities for Kindergarten
After you’ve printed the cards, place the mats on the table and show the kids what they need to do. They choose a rainbow mat and read the short vowel CVC word on the cloud. They will then keep reading the words across the window, dabbing the rhyming words to solve the maze to the pot of gold. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for that card. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the matching words.
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills by adding this set of fun cards to your st patrick’s day lesson plan.
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- Create-a-Word Spelling St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
- St Patricks Day Addition Math Crafts for 1st Grade
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- Color by Number Leprechaun Hat Template Free
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
- Back to School Rhyming Activity – kids will be excited to practice rhyming words with these low prep puzzles
- Rhyming Rainbows is a springtime activity for kindergarnters to practice!
- Rhyming Word Family Strips – ready, set, action! These film strip themed rhyming activity is sure to be a hit with your students
- Dig into to this Farmer and the Dell Rhyming sensory bin for kids
- Butterfly Rhyming Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me is a great way for kindergarten and first graders to practice this early reading skill
- If you are working on words with similar patterns mid year, try these super cute Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Rhyming Picture Clip Cards are a fun, resuable activity perfect for your next literacy center
- Strawberry Picking Rhyming cards are as fun as they are cute with the adorable summer clipart
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhymes
- Kids love cut and paste worksheets! These Valentines Day Rhymes are a fun way to practice
- Robot Rhyming Puzzles are sure to be a hit with your young learners
- Rhyme in December with these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
Download Rainbow CVC Words Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!