This festive Word Family Christmas Trees activity is sure to make learning fun this December! Students will have fun sound out words and decorating trees while practicing simple sight words.
Word Family Christmas Trees
Trimming the Christmas tree just got more educational with this fun and FREE Word Family Christmas Trees! This reusable word family activity is perfect for literacy centers or fun practice at home.
After download the free file, print pages 2-16 in color and pages 17-21 in black and white. Laminate the color pages for durability and cut apart. You are all set!
Each of the 15 color pages has a different word family Christmas tree with corresponding ornaments. Students will simply say the name of the picture on the ornament out loud and place the ornament on the correct Christmas tree. There are 5 ornaments for each tree.
HINT: This activity was created to be modular. Only print the word family trees you want to work on.
I suggest giving students the three Christmas trees containing the same middle vowel to work through at a time. For example the “og” “op” and “ot” trees along with the ornaments from those pages. This makes the activity less overwhelming and allows you to focus on just one vowel sound at a time.
HINT: In case you get stuck on what a picture represents, each page has the word listed. For centers you may want to write the name of the picture on the back of each ornament before laminating to make it a self correcting activity.
Christmas Word Family Worksheets
Students can now complete the Christmas tree word family worksheets. They will go one tree at a time saying the words and writing down the word by the appropriate tree on their worksheet. This is such a great activity for phonemic awareness, reading, phonics, spelling, and practice writing letters.
Plus, this activity is reusable, making it a great literacy center for December or at home practice to repeat.
Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Super cute Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Christmas Phonics Activity for working on phonics skills with word families!
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Activity
- Turkey Word Family Sort
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Easter Egg Word Families Activity
- Word Family Flowers Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Transportation Word Family Slides Printables with blends
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Free printable Rhyming Word Families Kindergarten
- Lion Words Family Printable – read and clip
- Planting Carrot CVC Words worksheets
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these activities!
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Free Nativity Printables include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Practice sight words with this hands-on activity with these Free Christmas Printables
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun candy cane sight words activity for early learners
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Free Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables CVC Words Activity
- No Prep Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting Book
- Free Christmas Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Number to 100
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Christmas Counting to 20 Puzzles
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Free gingerbread man sequencing activity
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!
- Easy Christmas Suncatchers Craft
- 31 Magical December Crafts for Kids
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Printable Hat Craft
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than
Download Word Family Christmas Trees
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!