This festive Word Family Christmas Trees activity is sure to make learning fun this December! Students will have fun sound out words and decorating trees while practicing simple sight words.
FREE Christmas Learning Activities
- Alphabet Ornaments Trace & Erase
- Christmas Hundreds Chart Coloring
- Bingo Dabber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Colorful Christmas Trees Activity
- Printable Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- FREE Christmas Color by Kindergarten Sight Words
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Free Christmas Tree Letter Find Worksheets
- Christmas Letter Tracing Strips
- Printable Christmas Counting Book
- Christmas Tree Count to 20 Puzzles
- Gingerbread Addition Puzzles
- Grinch Alphabet Puzzles
Word Family Christmas Trees
Trimming the Christmas tree just got more educational with this fun and FREE Word Family Christmas Trees! This reusable word family activity is perfect for literacy centers or fun practice at home.
After download the free file, print pages 2-16 in color and pages 17-21 in black and white. Laminate the color pages for durability and cut apart. You are all set!
Each of the 15 color pages has a different word family Christmas tree with corresponding ornaments. Students will simply say the name of the picture on the ornament out loud and place the ornament on the correct Christmas tree. There are 5 ornaments for each tree.
HINT: This activity was created to be modular. Only print the word family trees you want to work on.
I suggest giving students the three Christmas trees containing the same middle vowel to work through at a time. For example the “og” “op” and “ot” trees along with the ornaments from those pages. This makes the activity less overwhelming and allows you to focus on just one vowel sound at a time.
HINT: In case you get stuck on what a picture represents, each page has the word listed. For centers you may want to write the name of the picture on the back of each ornament before laminating to make it a self correcting activity.
Christmas Word Family Worksheets
Students can now complete the Christmas tree word family worksheets. They will go one tree at a time saying the words and writing down the word by the appropriate tree on their worksheet. This is such a great activity for phonemic awareness, reading, phonics, spelling, and practice writing letters.
Plus, this activity is reusable, making it a great literacy center for December or at home practice to repeat.
Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Snowman Word Family Printable Spinners
- Christmas Tree Word Family Game
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Game
- Turkey Word Family Activity
- Kindergarten Word Family Sliders
- CVC Words Booklents – short “a”
- Pumpkin Word Family Printables
- Easter Word Family Activity
- Flower Word Family worksheets Cut & Paste
- Transportation Word Family Printable Sliders (Blends)
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Rhyming Word Family Printable Strips
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Blowing Bubbles Word Families Kindergarten
Christmas Books for Kids
More FUN Christmas Learning Activities
Download Word Family Christmas Trees
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!