Get ready for a fun, crafty, and beautifully decorated Christmas with all these creative December Crafts for Kids. These cute easy Christmas crafts are perfect for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and elementary age kids. We’ve included tree, reindeer, Santa Claus, ornaments, elves, and more ideas in these kindergarten Christmas crafts.
December Crafts for Kids
We have found the best December crafts for kids, from cute reindeer crafts, fun Santa activities, lots of Christmas tree crafts, and more! We have Christmas crafts for . There are also a couple of New Years crafts, and lots more great December craft ideas and activities to try. Celebrate all the traditions of the holiday season with lots of fun ideas and these cute Christmas crafts for kids. There are enough December crafts on this list for you try a new craft every day this holiday season with your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – take some time to enjoy the beauty and magic of the festivities while helping kids improve fine motor skills, improve coordination, express themselves, and create a Christmas project they are proud to make for themselves, their parents, friends, or grandparents!
Christmas Tree Crafts
Make a pretty paper craft Christmas tree, a tin foil and tree, hand print Christmas tree, a sponge printed Christmas tree with pretty gems, or one of these other fun and easy Christmas tree crafts for kids!
- Paper Strip Christmas Ornament from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Christmas tree thumbprint craft from A Dab of Glue Will Do
These gorgeous Christmas trees would make great Christmas cards.
- Family handprint Christmas tree from Mamma Smiles
This is a great idea for a family Christmas tradition.
- Sponge painted Christmas tree from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
I love these brightly decorated Christmas trees
- My Favorite Christmas Tree Artwork from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Paper plate Christmas tree craft from Non Toy Gifts.
This Christmas tree craft will give fine motor skills a work out.
- Aluminum foil Christmas tree ornaments from The Joy of Sharing.
These would look gorgeous hanging on your Christmas tree.
- 3D paper folded Christmas tree card from Childhood101,
A cute craft that also works on scissor skills.
- Craft Stick Christmas Tree Craft
How cute and silly are these reindeer crafts for kids made out of construction paper, pinecones, printable reindeer projects, and more!
- Reindeer painted rocks from Projects with Kids.
How cute are these little reindeer rocks!
- Paper bag reindeer puppet from Crafts on Sea.
Do you know a reindeer song or story you could act out with these puppets?
- Handprint Reindeer Craft from Buggy and Buddy.
This is such a fun reindeer craft!
- Big mouth reindeer printable from Easy Peasy and Fun.
This is such a fun craft, and it comes with a free printable so it’s easy to make too.
- Pinecone Reindeer from One Little Project.
This craft uses lots of natural materials to make super cute reindeer.
- Toilet roll reindeer from The Craft Train.
Save up your cardboard rolls so you can make enough reindeer to pull Santa’s sleigh!
These new Santa Claus Crafts for kids are sure to delight your children! From shape Santas to tp roll Santa puppets, hand print keepsake ornaments and even a really cool diy Santa clause craft recycled from newspaper pages!
- Santa toilet paper roll craft from The Best Ideas for Kids.
This Santa is so cute, and there is an elf, a reindeer and a snowman to make too!
- Shape Santa craft from Non-Toy Gifts.
A cute craft with some shape learning thrown in too!
- Santa salt dough handprint ornaments from Messy Little Monster.
What a lovely keepsake to make with your kids and hang on the tree.
- Trim the beard paper plate santa craft from Kids Craft Room.
The kids will love making this Santa craft and I bet they’d love to trim his beard too.
- Newspaper Santa Claus craft from I Heart Crafty Things.
Love this cute Santa craft!
- Easy Santa corks from Red Ted Art.
These little Santas are adorable and you can even play a bowling game with them!
New Years Crafts
This end of the year holiday always sneaks up on me, so I wanted to make sure to include some simple New Years Eve Crafts for Kids to make sure you had lots of ideas ready to go for December 31st.
- Fireworks painting from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Paint some exploding fireworks to celebrate New Years!
- New Year’s Eve countdown clock from JDaniel4’s Mom
This is such a fun way to countdown to the new year.
- Paper plate New Years Even banner from I Heart Crafty Things.
What a gorgeous, brightly coloured banner to welcome in the New Year!
- Craft stick new years fireworks from Glued to My Crafts.
Such a cute craft to celebrate New Years Eve.
- Pop-up homemade firework craft from Kids Craft Room.
This looks like it would be lots of fun to make and to play with.
- EPIC New Years Countdown for Kids
December Preschool Crafts
There are so many more fun ideas you can make from elf puppets, lego snow globe, gingerbread man craft, christmas birds, and so many more. Check out these fun December crafts ideas for kids.
- Cork gingerbread man ornament from Red Ted Art.
This little guy is adorable!
- DIY sequinned Christmas bauble from Laughing Kids Learn.
This is an easy activity that has gorgeous results.
- No-mess gingerbread ornament from Teaching Two and Three Year Olds.
These would look so lovely decorating your windows!
- Cardboard and felt bird ornaments from Pink Stripey Socks.
I would like a whole Christmas tree full of these gorgeous birds!
- Make a snow globe for Christmas from Fireflies and Mudpies.
The kids will just love making these!
- Washi tape Christmas Ornaments from Fun Learning for Kids.
These ornaments are easy to make but look fabulous!
- Elf finger puppet from Kids Craft Room.
There is a free template to help you make this fun elf puppet.
- Easy Christmas star decorations from Picklebums.
Another gorgeous decoration to make for your Christmas tree.
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornaments from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Everyone will be kept busy all month long making these 31 magical December crafts for kids!
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these activities!
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Free Nativity Printables include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Practice sight words with this hands-on activity with these Free Christmas Printables
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun candy cane sight words activity for early learners
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Free Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables CVC Words Activity
- No Prep Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting Book
- Free Christmas Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Number to 100
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Christmas Counting to 20 Puzzles
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Free gingerbread man sequencing activity
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!
- Easy Christmas Suncatchers Craft
- 31 Magical December Crafts for Kids
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Printable Hat Craft
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than