How adorable are these free printable animal finger puppets? Your kids will enjoy making their own forest animal finger puppets for pretend play or as nursery rhyme props, so fun! Download pdf file with these animal finger puppets printable in color or black and white and have fun playing and learning with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade child.
Animal finger puppets
Did you know that playing with finger puppets is not just fun but is great to develop those finger muscles when wiggling and manipulating the puppets? All the while developing language skills (when paired with rhymes and stories) plus counting skills (using a counting rhyme or simply counting the puppets on the fingers, hiding them etc.). You can make these super cute animal finger puppets by printing them in color or black and white below. This is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Animal finger puppets printable
DIY finger puppets
Simply print the (there are color and color-in-yourself versions) finger puppet sheets. The kids might enjoy coloring their own puppets! If you use the black and white printable puppet template use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to colour your forest animals. Now carefully use scissors to cut out the animals (this will require an adult’s assistance) and assemble by taping a piece of sticky tape around the back so the fingers will fit snugly. The puppets are designed for a child’s hand so it might be small for an adult teacher, therapist or parent. (TIP: enlarge before printing the sheets for adult use.
5 Forest Animals Counting poem
“Five forest animals scamper on the ground, playing, hiding and running all around. If one climbs up a forest tree, how many will there be?” Take a puppet off a finger each time until none is left.
Make up your own stories and do a puppet show for siblings or friends. Use it to bring a life lesson across too. Or act out a known story about forest animals. Another great idea: you can also attach these puppets to corks and use it in a sensory bin, perhaps with forest leaves, pine cones and wood chips?
Your kiddos will surely have fun creating and playing with their own set of forest animal finger puppets! The educational opportunities are endless too! If you like this set, you may also want to grab our Free Farm Animal Finger Puppets set too!
Edible Educational Activities
- Animal Cracker Counting to 10
- Gold fish Addition Practice
- Super cute, free Goldfish Counting Printable
- Goldfish Subtraction Game
- Zoo Animals Cheerio counting printable
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Learning Colors – Fruit Loop Sorting Mat
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mat
Look for more animal themed activites? You will love these free printable ideas:
- Animal Uppercase Letter Tracing
- Super cute, Free Printable Animal Masks Templates Masks for kids
- Animal Activities for Kids with Animal Cookies
- Free Animal Classifications Worksheet to turn into FUN Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of choices inlcluding simple picture clues for young kids and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc
- Animal Activity – Spelling animal names with magentic letters and printable
- Animal Classification Worksheet to cut & paste
- Safari Animal Game Count to 30
- Animal Connect the Dots Printable
- Free Woodland Animal Matching Game
- Hibernation Worksheet – Learn about these fascinating animals from around the world that hibernate during the cold winter months
- Endangered Animals Worksheet – Children will love learning about these fascinating animals from around the world that are sadly endangered animals
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- Pasta Animal Crafts for Kids w/ Free Templates
- Animals and their Babies Matching Game
- Animal Homes for Kids Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Free Printable Nocturnal Animal Games
- Zoo Animal Math Worksheets to work on Number Sense
- Animals and their Young Ones Worksheet
- Free Zoo Animal Report Templates for all ages from Toddler, preschool to elementary age students too
- Zoo Field Trip Worksheet – several leveral to choose from toddler, prek, elementary and middle school
- Animal Habitats for Kids with Animal Cookies
- Silly Animals and their Animal Habitats Worksheet
- Animal habitats kindergarten worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Fun-to-Color and Educational Biomes Coloring Pages
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Reading Comprehension about Animals for Grade 1 and Kindergarten
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets
Animals for Kids
- 100+ Zoo Animal Crafts arranged by type of animals
- Nocturnal Animals Worksheet – Learn about nocturnal animals with this huge pack
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet Pack
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Life CYcle of a Bee Worksheet
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet
- Hatching Butterflies with Free Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet and observation journal
- Life Cycles Worksheets – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Free Printable Animal Habitat Game with colorful pictures, facts, and gameboard
- Animal I Spy Printables
- Life Cycle of a Bunny Worksheet
- Shark Printables Reader to learn about sharks for kids
- Zoo Animal Color by Number Worksheet
Download Forest Animals Template
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!