Kindergarten math games are a great way to practice math skills your kids are learning. By playing math games for kindergartners, you’re giving your child a hands-on and tactile way to master the skills they’ll need each year in school. We have free kindergarten math games to help kid practice counting games for kindergarten, addition, subtraction, shapes, printable kindergarten math games, and so much more! Which of these EPIC, free math games for kindergarten will you try first?
Kindergarten Math Games
If you’re looking for a fun way for your kids to practice math with pre-k and kinders, then you need to find some kindergarten math games! Not only will these math games for kindergarten help your kids practice basic math skills such as counting and number recognition, but they will work on more advanced skills, such as addition and subtraction for kindergarten and telling time. As we all know, practice makes perfect – and with these FUN and FREE math games for kindergarten printable, students will be excited and eager to learn! Get ready for some fun with these kindergarten math games!
Math Games for Kindergarten
Counting and number recognition is one of the foundational math concepts that all children should learn in kindergarten. Without understanding numbers and their order, kids wouldn’t be able to move on to more difficult concepts, such as addition and subtraction. These fun math games will help you teach your kindergartner this foundational skill in a fun way!
Counting Games for Kindergarten
Let’s start at the beginning, learning to count! The following number games for kindergarten include a variety of fun, hands-on counting activities for kindergarten to pratice counting to 10, counting to 20, counting to 30, and counitng to 100!
Count to 10 Games
- Counting Crayons Roll & Color Math Game – This roll & color game gives kids the chance to practice counting and number recognition.
- Plant a Number Line Games – Kids will love putting their flower numbers in order with this number line activity.
- Learning Numbers 1-10 – Kids will learn numbers 1-10 while sorting with this fun activity.
- Flower Counting Game – students will roll, count, and decorate flower in this count to 10 game
- Counting Game with Buttons and Muffin Cups – Kids will love counting buttons so that they match the amount in the bottom of the muffin cup.
- Apple Math for Kids – Here’s a fun apple-themed activity that helps kids with counting!
- Ice Cream Counting Cards – kids will have fun scooping up pom pom ice cream as they practice counting to 10 with these free printable counting cards
- Animal Cookies Preschool Zoo Printables Counting – help kids practice counting to 10 with this super fun activity that uses animal crackers
- Make 10 Fireflies Math – this super cute counting game is perfect for summer learning
- Mitten Math Matching Game – kids will add and match mittens to make pairs
- Silly Worm Counting Activities fo Preschoolers with Stickers – this is such a fun hands on game to practice counting
- Counting Caterpillar Busy Bag – What makes this counting activity even better is that it’s in a busy bag so that you can grab it for math practice on the road.
- Fruit Loop Ten Frame Activities for Preschoolers – kids will love practicing counting to 10 with these rainbow cards that use fruit loops!
- Rainbow Abacus Craft Project – This rainbow abacus will help students count by 1s or 10s.
- Free Color by Number Worksheets to help kids practice number recognition while revealing hidden pictures (seasonal, holidays, themes)
- Monster Number Memory Game Printable – Students work on number recognition by matching numerals with words in this game.
- Cookie Number Recognition – a fun simple game for practicing numbers 1-10
- Printable Goldfish Counting Activity – this free printable counting game has kids practicing counting numbers 1-12 while filling their fish bowl with goldfish crackers
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin Math Activities – Based on a story by Laura Numeroff, this counting activity helps kids understand more about numbers.
- Fine Motor Counting Activity – All you need are some leaves and clips for this number recognition activity.
- Gross Motor: Number Recognition Play – If the weather is nice, head outside and have fun practicing number recognition.
Count to 20 Games
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Activity – this is such a cute math game to practice counting to 20 with a spring/summer theme
- Domino Counting Game – play this math game by yourself or with a friend as you practice counting to 20
- Pool Count to 20 Summer Math – Summer learning at it’s best – this two-in-one math game has students practice counting pool balls and writing numbers from 1-20
- Spin to 20 – a fun winter game to practice numbers to 20
- Place Value Ice Cream Cone Puzzles – kids will have fun counting to 20 using 10 frames in this delicious activity
- Puddle Jump – a gross motor game for practicing numbers 1-20
Count to 30 Games
- Safari Counting to 30 Games – what animals will you find on your Count to 30 Safari?
Count to 100 Games
- Battleship Hundreds Chart Games – grab the free printable with instruction on how to play this fun game with a math twist
- Roll to 100 Free Printable Math Game – Students roll the dice as they work on counting to 100.
- Scavenger Hunt to 100 – free printable and instructions for this one-of-a-kind math game
- Popsicle Stick Hundreds Chart – this unique activity helps kids visualize 100 in a whole new, and beautiful, way.
- Cup Challenge – kids will have fun counting and using engineering skills for this epic game!
- Groundhog Day Worksheets Count to 100 – this is a SUPER clever activity to help kids with number recognition 1-100. Students will cut and paste squares to match numbers and reveal the picture
- Low-Prep Counting to 100 Games – lots of choices to help kids practice counting to 100
- Driveway Counting Maze – I love that this fun counting game gets kids outside and moving!
- Sticky Hundreds Chart – this can be done alone or as a game – either way it is a sticky fun way to practice counting 1-100
Addition and Subtraction for Kindergarten
In kindergarten, kids begin to learn how to add and subtract numbers. Since addition and subtraction can be a tricky concept for kids to understand, it’s important to use hands-on activities and games that give them a tactile way to learn. Once they’ve got the basics down, you can move on to teaching addition and subtraction equations, helping them solve even more math problems.
- Cupcake Math Game – Cupcake liners and pom-poms make a fun way for kids to practice addition and subtraction.
- Shark Addition Puzzles – Kindergarteners will have a blast matching these shark-themed addition puzzles!
- Subtraction Bingo Math Game – If your kids need to practice subtraction, this bingo game is a fun way to do it.
- Gumball Addition for Kindergarten – printable worksheets
- Playdough Snowball Addition – Rolling play-dough into tiny snowballs gives your kids a great manipulative to practice addition.
- Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Math Game – Tic tac toe has never been so fun! Combine this popular game and math using this activity.
- Rubber Duck Math Game – Introduce the concept of addition by finding different ways to make 10.
- Pot of Gold Addition: St Patricks Day Math – this seasonal game can be played with a friend or by yourself to practice addition
- Gingerbread Printables Addition Puzzles – Who wouldn’t want to practice addition when you are adding up gumdrops!
- Hot Cocoa Addition – add up the numbers to figure out which cup of cocoa to put the marshmallow in
- Snowball math Game – this active math game practices addition while throwing “snowballs” indoors
- Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20 – this is a fun springtime activity for practicing counting on or addition
- Rainbow Math Game – This addition math game can also be a tasty treat when the kids are done practicing!
- Make 10 Seeds Addition Game – Add up numbers on the seed to figure out what type of seed you have in this clever addition game for kindergartners
- Pool Noodle Summer Math Addition Game – Here’s a fun way to practice adding to 10… by using pool noodles!
- Cup Game Subtraction – this hands on cup game helps kids practice subtracting in a fun, visual way
- Roll and Smash Subtraction Activity with Playdough
- Candy Heart Addition Cards – who doesn’t like practicing addition with candy!!
- Winter Addition Mats are a fun way to practice simple adding numbers
- Addition Within 10 Math Game – Once your kids have the basics for addition and subtraction down, play this math game to practice.
- Math Cootie Catcher Printable – Pair up and have fun with addition and subtraction using this math game.
- Fluency within 5 Board Game: addition and subtraction games printable
- Ladybug Addition Game – there are several different ways to play with these cute addition cards
- Frog Math Game – kids will have fun adding up frog numbers and matching them with the correct lily pads
Math Games Kindergarten
Kindergarten Measurements, Shapes, Telling Time, Skip Counting, and Money
There are many math skills a kindergartener needs to learn in addition to numbers and counting. Measurements, shapes and telling time should all be a part of your math curriculum in kindergarten. Kids should learn how to recognize shapes, start telling time and begin to take measurements so that they can compare objects. These foundational math skills will help kids as they learn new math concepts each year.
- Telling Time Matching Cards – These matching cards is great for practicing telling time to the hour, half hour and quarter hour.
- Tic-Tac-Toe Telling Time Games is a fun way for kids to practice telling time to the hour
- Hickory Dickory Dock Game Telling Time – Create your own clock for telling time with this activity.
- Snowman Math Telling Time Game – there are various free printables to make learning to tell time fun in this adorable pack!
- Telling Time Puzzles – are a fun independent game for practicing telling time.
- Roll & Cover Telling Time Games – Your kids will love rolling the dice to see what time they get!
- Telling Time Activity for Kids – Your kids can learn anywhere, including outdoors! Head outside for some telling time practice with this activity.
- Telling Time Clock Matching File Folder Game – This file folder game is a great way for kids to practice telling time.
- Measurement HUNT – Measurement Activities for 2nd Grade – Let your kids loose with a rule with this measurement hunt activity.
- Skip Counting Mazes – with lots of themes and increasing levels of difficulty, kindergartners will have fun practicing skip counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s.
- Skip Counting Puzzles – kids will put together various colorful pictures while practicing counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s
- Shape Bingo – Can your kids recognize the shapes they need to know? Test their knowledge with a game of Bingo!
- Making Body Shapes – Kids will have a blast using their bodies to make different shapes.
- 2D and 3D Shape Puzzles Printable – puzzles are a fun way to help kids learning their shapes
- Spring Suduko Puzzles are a fun way for Kindergartners to practice logic and problem solving skills.
- Hungry Caterpillar Money Games – help kids start to learn about coins and their value with this clever, free printable game
- Pizza Fraction Games – kids will have fun making their own pizzas as they practice fractions!
- Fruit Loop Color Matching Game – this fun color activity uses fruit loops or skittles!
Kindergarten Math Worksheets
Looking for more free kindergarten math printables and fun math activities for kindergartners? We’ve got lots of fun kindergarten math:
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets are a really fun way for kindergartners to work on counting and visual discriminiation skills!
- Farm Animals I Spy Printables
- Bugs I Spy Worksheets
- Summer Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable Worksheets
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Color by 100s Chart
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Gingerbread Man Sequencing Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Sequencing with There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow pdf
- Count and Trace with Candy Pumpkin Printables
- Kite Skip Counting Math Craft (free printable!)
- Sandcastle Math Subtraction Craft (freebie)
- 100 Number Sense Activities and Games
Kindergarten Math Printables
- What Comes Next Math Pencil Strips
- Farm Do a Dot Printables Numbers – use bingo daubers to make numbers 1-10, count farm animals, and trace numbers too
- Dinosaur Math Worksheets for practicing a variety of math skills
- Snowman Place Value Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Star Wars Number Tracing
- Free Printable Writing Number Worksheets
- Teaching about currency with Money Puzzles
- Learning about Coins Money Sorting Mat
- Hot Dog Number Words Activity
- Kindergarten Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Super cute Goldfish Addition
- Count and smash Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free Sticky Number Bonds Kindergarten Worksheets
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Kindergarten Summer Pool Beach Balls Count and Trace Numbers 1-20
- 70 Fun and FREE Kindergarten Math Games
- Super cute, Free Printable Coloring Calendar 2021