Make learning math fun for kindergartners with gumball math! These free printable math worksheets are a fun way for early learners to practice counting and adding simple numbers togethers. There are serveral choices in this pack of print and go addition for kindergarten. Simply download kindergarten math worksheets pdf and you are ready to play and learn with lkg maths worksheet pages.
Addition for Kindergarten
Beginning addition for kindergarten skills form the foundation for learning math. Children instinctively understand the concept of addition. Just ask a child how many more cookies it takes to have as many as their sibling. However, connecting the dots between adding more and numbers on a page is one skill that needs to be taught. Using items that have meaning to a child such as gumballs, pennies, or counting bears, to represent the process of addition will connect those dots quickly. This process will set. your child up for success for visualizing the process so she can easily perform it. These kindergarten math worksheets pdf are super cute with a playful gumball theme. Using gumball math, children will be excited to practice, learn, and build important math fluency.
Kindergarten Math Worksheets pdf
Print out the free printable Counting Gumballs. The printables use the concept of gumballs to show an amount and to transition to those numbers representing addends.
The first page simply requires the child to count the gumballs and circling the correct answer. The second page shows two gumball machines with an addition symbol between them. The child is encouraged to count the gumballs in each gumball machine. That total represents the sum. You may have your child count the number of gumballs in the first gumball machine and then continue on to the second or count the gumballs in one machine and then write the number then the next and finally write the sum.
lkg maths worksheet
The third page shows a gumball machine with the number shown of the amount of gumballs inside the machine. Then it shows another with an addition sign in between.
Finally the child is to write the sum in the last box. This process shows how the amount of gumballs represents a number. On the fourth page, the child is instructed to choose two different color crayons. One is to represent the first addend and the other is to represent the second addend. Using the addition sentence, the child colors the gumballs as instructed then counts to conclude the sum.
Math Activities for Kindergarten
Looking for more early math activities to make learning to count, add, shapes, and more FUN? Check out these free resources:
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Blowing Bubble Math Worksheets
- Smores Free Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Estimation for Kindergarten Activity
- Snowball Sorting Odd and Even Math Activities
- Bug Measuring Kindergarten Worksheets
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Engaging, Reusable Kindergarten Math Worksheets pdf
Maths Worksheet for ukg
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Insect Telling Time Puzzle to the hour and half hour
- Free Printable Coin Worksheets – color by coin
- Cute Skip Counting Puzzles – huge pack of free skip counting games
- Fun Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Geoboard Activities
- Watermelon Kindergarten Math Activities
- Months of the Year Activities – learning sequencing with craft sticks
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Addition Games
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft – free printable math craft to solve, cut, and paste
Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten pdf
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!