Make practicing counting fun with this hands-on Apple Counting that also works on improving coordination and strengthening hand muscles. This apple math activity is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten and first grade students.
This fun Apple Counting, Worm Hole Punching activity combines counting with strengthening and improvement of fine motor skills as well as hand-eye coordination. That’s a lot of learning in one simple, easy-to-prep activity!
Have you ever noticed how kids love to use the single hole puncher? It must be something about the clicking noise and the result of a perfectly round hole that makes kids feel accomplished! And this Apple Worm Hole Punching activity is both exciting and full of learning. The child has to make as many holes with the hole puncher as it says on each apple. While using the hole puncher they’re unknowingly strenthening those little fingers and wrists and improving dexterity. This activity is also perfect for learning the numbers. Try counting each hole punch that the child makes along with them. Counting out loud helps the child learn the order of numbers and memorize them better
Apple with Worm
For this activity you’ll need:
- Cardstock (red, green)
- Colored permanent markers
- Craft scissors
- Scotch tape
- Single Hole Puncher
Cut the red cardstock using the craft scissors into approximately 3″ x 4″ cards. Make 10, or up to the number you’ll be counting.
Using the permanent markers, draw an apple on each card. Add a stem and leaf. You can color in the stem brown and leaf green or you can leave it out.
Number each card by writing the number 1-10 inside the apple.
Math Activity for Kindergarten
Next, cut out a small worm using the green cardstock. Using a black permanent marker add eyes and a smile.
Cut a small piece of scotch tape and tape to the end of the hole puncher.
Now your little caterpillar is ready to munch away at the apples!
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
Download Apple Letter Find
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only. To share, please share a link to our site so others can download their own copy directly.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!