Help kids practice reading simple words with this CVC activities for kindergarten. Simply print free printable pdf file with spring cvc words mat rainbow or sun peaking behind a cloud and practice forming cvc words with letter tiles. This spring activity for kindergartners is such a fun way to add literacy practice with a cute spring printable activity!
CVC Activities for Kindergarten
Rainbows are such a magical part about springtime. From a young age, most children are completely mystified by the colors in the sky. As they should be, rainbows are beautiful works of art directly from nature. They are the inspiration for these CVC Sight Word Mats. This CVC Activities for Kindergarten is a fun way for kids to practice making simple cvc words while having fun with a cute cvc word activity perfect for Sprng!
Spring CVC Words
Spring activity for kindergartners
CVC words are typically the first words that children learn. To me it is important to make sure that children realize that learning can be fun, so I try to find games and activities that will be engaging and encourage them to learn. One way to make sure an activity is engaging and fun is to use a theme that is relevant. Rainbows and sunshine are two things that kids (and adults) are excited about when spring comes around! This free printable spring activity is sure to make learning fun for preschool, prek, kindergarten, and 1st grade students.
This CVC Sight Word Mat is perfect for helping children practice sight words in an engaging way with a fun Springtime theme! Next, cut apart the alphabet tiles by cutting along the solid lines. This is a very easy, low prep educational activity to prep!
CVC Words Activity
If your child is just beginning to learn CVC words, you can provide a list of words for them to copy with the CVC mat and alphabet tiles. If your child is more advanced, you can speak the word and ask them to find the letters and spell out the words on the mat.
There are a few ways that this Springtime CVC Sight Word Mat can be used. This printable activity comes with both a rainbow mat and a sunshine mat, as well as printable alphabet tiles.
CVC Words Printable
As mentioned above, one option is to laminate the alphabet tiles and both of the CVC mats. This is optional, but it will most likely extend the life of the activity making it a great idea for teachers for springtime literacy centers. Parents who are using this activity for extra cvc word practice may not want to take the time to use a laminator, but homeschoolers may still want to laminate the pages and put the pieces in a ziplock bag to tuck away for another child who will be working on improving their literacy and reading skills in the upcoming year (s)
HINT: If you laminate the CVC mat, you can use a dry erase marker to write the CVC word you want your child to spell.
Spring Activities for Kindergarten
Are you looking for more fun, engaging spring activities to make learning fun? You will love these free spring printables for preschoolers, kindergartners, and first graders.
- Practice Kindergarten Sight Word with these clever Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets!
- Spring Shower Letter Matching – this is a fun alphabet letter recognition activity using umbrellas and rain for young learners
- Bingo Marker Spring Color Word Worksheets – students will have fun reading colors words while revealing pictures in these spring worksheets
- Spring Rabbit Short I Puzzles – this is such a fun activity for working on matcing words with short i vowel sound
- Does your student have trouble mixing up bs and ds or ps and qs? This Spring Letter Reversal printable activity is just what you need to help
- Springtime Count to 20 – practice counting to 20 with these ten frame worksheets using playdough
- Flower Number Name Puzzles – fun math game for practicing numbers 1-20
- Teach kids about plants with these Parts of a Plant Worksheets perfect for spring science
- Spring Initial Blends Matching – work on phonemic awareness with this fun educational activity for spring
- Kids will be amazes as they learn how to Color Flowers using Science in this spring science experiment for kindergartners
- Work on 1:1 correspondence with this Spring Math Activity with Jelly Beans
- I Spy Spring – work on visual discrimination and counting with this no prep spring activity
- Spring Worksheets ofr Kindergartners – work on a variety of skills with these black and white worksheets to print and learn
- Practice counting with these adorable Spring Count & Clip Cards
- Flower Shape Math Craft – kids will have fun learning shapes with this math craft perfect for spring.
- Butterfly Spring Addition Mats – fun, reusable math activity for kindergarten and 1st grade students
- Spring Carrot Shape Mats – kids will have fun practicing making shapes with these spring playdough mats
- Short e CVC Words Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow CVC Word Mats
- CVC Games Kindergarten
- Free Printable CVC Word Search Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Hands-on CVC Words valentine cvc worksheets
- CVC words with pictures pdf Printable
- Color-the-Letter to spell the picture, Free Printable CVCe Worksheets
- Free Printable Short Vowel Worksheets
- Short a Worksheets Cut & paste Booklet
- Pirate cvc words short a
- Short A Books free Emergent Reader
- Detective Short e cvc worksheets
- Short i Words cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short I Words Emergent Reader
- Farm short i cvc words worksheets
- Short o Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow Short o Words Printable
- Short u Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Short u CVC words Printable cut and paste activity
- CVC Words Middle Sounds in Words Clip Cards
- CVC Ending Sounds Clip Cards or this other set of CVC Ending Sound clip cards
- Missing Vowels Puzzles Free Clip Cards
- See TONS of fun an dfree CVC Activities here!
CVC Word Activities
- Super cute and handy, Free CVC Puzzles
- Christmas CVC Words Clip Cards
- Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- Ending Sounds Clip Cards (or version 2)
- Free, Black and White CVC Crack the Code Worksheets
- Secret CVC Words Worksheets – Beginning Sounds with Magnetic Letters
- Detective Case File Crack the Code CVC Words
- Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
- Peter Pan CVC Coloring Pages
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Caterpillar Spring CVC Words
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Build a Snowman Winter CVC Words Practice
- Ice Cream CVC Word Match & Build
- Bee CVC Worrksheets pdf
- Easter CVC Words Activity
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh
- Star Wars CVC Games
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity
- Cooking Up Rhymes: Read & Dab CVC Words Activity
- Going on a Bear Hunt CVC Games Online
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Roll and Read CVC Sentences
- Monster Match CVC Words Worksheets
- Farm CVC Animal Words
- Sundae CVC words worksheets for kindergarten pdf free
- “at” CVC Word family worksheets pdf
- Heart Penguin CVC Words
- Dab-a-Dot CVC Worksheets Mazes
- Popsicle Rhyme & Dab CVC Words Practice
- Airplane Rhyming Words CVC Words Worksheets
- CVC Games pdf – Word Bump
- Spring Bird CVC Word Activity
- Ice Cream CVC Word Activities
- Reading Words Free CVC Printables
- Short a words Reader
- Caterpillar CVC Word mats
- Snowman CVC Words Activity
- BUMP! CVC Words Game
- Christmas CVC Words Printable
- at Family Words Worksheets
- Planting Carrots CVC Activity for Kindergarten
- Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE theme worksheets, free alphabet printables, kindergarten math, kindergarten science, kindergarten phonics, kindergarten crafts, and kindergarten themes!
Spring CVC Words
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!