Make learning about plants fun with this hands-on activity and FREE Parts of a Plant Worksheets for prek, kindergarten, and first grade kids.
Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science experiments for kids? You will love these FUN projects:
- Teach kids about Animal Habitats with animal cookies – includes free printable
- Amazing Dying Flowers to learn about capillary action
- Learn about density with this easy colorful oil and water experiment
- Why do Leaves Change colors? Learn why with this amazing project
- What do you know about potential and kinetic energy? Find out with this exploding watermelon experiment
- Find out about air pressure with this easy egg experiment
- 100 Amazing Food Experiments for kids – so many clever uses for things you have in your kitchen!
Parts of a Plant for Kids
Help kids learn about the Parts of a Plant for Kids up close and personal with this easy science experiment. Kindergartners will be able to watch as a seed swells, sends down roots, and a stem and eventually leaves shoot up towards the light. This is a great way for kids to learn about plants with a quick and easy science project.
Parts of a Plant Activity
This amazing Parts of a Plant Activity is a great way for preschoolers and kindergartners to learn about how seeds become plants. In a mason jar put several seeds around the outside of the jar. I suggest pea or green bean seeds as they are large enough to see well and also have a quick germination time. You will need to hold them in place when you do the next step.
Next put moist, white paper towels in the jar to hold the seeds in place.
Place the jar in a bright window and wait for the seeds to emerge into plants. Within days your students will be able to watch an amazing transformation!
Parts of a Plant Worksheets
We’ve also included a FREE parts of a plant worksheets for kids to do alongside this plants science experiment for prek, kindergarten, and first grade students. This will help students learn science vocabulary, walk through the scientific method, and think through their experiment.
The plant printable has spots for kids to fill in research, document their experiment, write a hypothesis, and note their observations including room at the bottom for drawings if you like.
Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- Planting Carrot CVC Words is a fun hands-on activity for kindergartners
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets are a fun math activity for spring
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheet alphabet activity for kids
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment for kids
- Flower Sight Word Mazes to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
Download Parts of a Plant for kids
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!