Do you have a child that needs to practice recognising number names, in fact reading number names? Do you have a child that needs to develop number sense or using a 100 chart? Then this snowflake numbers activity is for you!Mathematical skills are so much more than simply counting or doing sums. It involves a complex ability to understand numbers, how they fit together and also what they are called. Use this snowflake numbers activity to practice a bunch of these skills in one go!
What do you need for this activity:
- the free printable sheet and number names
- any snowflake-type counters/manipulatives (we used these cute snowflake beads, but white mini pompoms or cotton wool balls can be used to represent the snowflakes too)
Hundreds Chart PrintableSimply print and laminate(or use a dry-erase pocket that is more environmentally friendly) to be able to re-use the printout. Then cut the number name cards out. The child then picks a number name card, read it and find it on the 100 chart. Place a snowflake on the found number to keep track of the names already read. (Here the skills of recognising the number name and connecting it to the correct numeral comes in.)
Hundres Chart Game
- Individual/Group game: Use a timer. See how fast you can read and find some or all of the numbers. Rapid response is developed with this game. Just note that children with additional learning needs might struggle with this and should be taking into account.
- Play snowflake numbers Bingo! Each player receives a 100 chart and the number name cards go into the “pool”. Take turns to pick a card. Only that player then place a snowflake on that number on his/her chart. The player with 5 snowflakes in a row first(vertically, horizontally or diagonally), wins!
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.