Celebrate Community Heroes while helping kids improve coordination, strengthen fine motor skills, and express their creativity with this free printable Lego Community Helpers printable challenge for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students.
Lego Community Helpers
During this time in our country it seems appropriate to honors those community heroes who do so much for all of us. Use this Lego Community Helpers challenge for fun and to remember those who are on the front lines everyday. This free printable is a great community hero activity using our free community hero printable. Some of the community heroes in our community include: police and police dog, firefighter in fire station, doctor in hospital and ER, nurse, x-ray technician, paramedic who drives ambulance, and more.
Community Helpers Stem Activities
This Stem Activity for kids in preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade children is perfect for parents, teachers, or homeschoolers. Whether you are looking to add STEM activity, community helpers activity to your social studies unit, for a community hero theme, or as a fun family activity for Friday or the weekend – we’ve got some great new LEGO building ideas for your kids.
Use this Lego Printable anytime during the year to inspire some building creativity.
Community Helpers Printable
Set out the building challenge with a container or lego or duplo pieces in a variety of colors – red, blue, green, yellow, orange, black, white, gray, and pink and you are ready for this community helpers activities.
More Ways to Use the Task Cards
1. Use Minecraft: Do you have a child who loves Minecraft? The challenges can just as easily be used for Minecraft as with Lego or other sets of building blocks.
2. Art Challenge: These prompts can just as easily be used for drawing, play dough, or clay creations. Allow your child the flexibility to use another medium to create and explore.
3. Expand on Learning and Gratitude: Use the building challenges as a catalyst to learn more and to understand the work these heroes do for the community every day.
4. Do the Challenges Together: Make the challenges a group activity with your family or with friends. Have someone build the hospital and another build the police station and create a little town. Perhaps one child can give instructions on how to build the item to another child. Not only is this fun but it teaches listening and the ability to communicate effectively.
5. Use for Writing Prompts: Use to write a short paragraph to an essay or even a thank you letter to a hero in your community.
Community Helper Activities
- Community Helper Creative Writing Prompts
- Simple Coloring Pages featuring Community Helpers
- Doctor Contraction Game
- Firefighter Coloring Pages
- Firefighter Worksheets for Kindergarten
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheets to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Farm Hidden Picture
- Fire Safety Worksheets
- Construction Letter Tracing
- Doctor Pretend Play
- Detective Printable Pack
- Construction Phonics Game
- Farm Preschool Worksheets
- Community Helpers Printable Wheel
- Construction Printable Pack
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Construction Sight Words Game
- SLIME Construction Activity
- Farm Sequencing Worksheets
- I Spy Farm Animals
- Construction Worksheets – large pack of free learning activites for prek / k
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
Looking for more fun, hands on Lego learning activities for kids? You will love this ideas
- Famous Landmarks Lego Challenge Cards
- Lego Number Mats
- Printable Lego Multiplication Flash Cards
- Lego Alphabet Mats
- January Lego Challenge
- Lego Zipline
- Journaling with Lego
- Lego Printable Spelling Tests
- 100 Ideas for Learning with LEGO
- Lego All About Me Printable
- Lego Activities for Kids Posters
- Spring Lego Challenge Cards
Lego Challenge Printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!