Looking for a fun, spring themed math activity for kindergarten, pre-k, and first grade students? These super cute the very hungry caterpillar worksheets are a fun way for children to count 1-100 while becoming familar with numbers on a 100s chart. Children use the code to fill in the color by number printables to reveal hidden pictures from classic Eric Carle book with a cute caterpillar and beautiful butterfly. Simply print pdf file with Hungry caterpillar printables and you are ready to play and learn!
The very hungry caterpillar printables
It’s wonderful to be able to share books with my children that I enjoyed when I was young. One popular author and illustrator who has truly stood the test of time is Eric Carle. My boys’ love of his perennial favorite, The Very Hungry Caterpillar inspired this fun story time idea. Read on to see how perfectly his popular book pairs with a fun learning activity. Simply print pdf file with the very hungry caterpillar worksheets and you are ready to play and learn! These color by number worksheets are sure to make practicing counting to 100, working on number recognition, and becoming familiar with a hundreds chart fun for kindergartners, grade 1, and preschoolers.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these no prep, free printable kindergarten worksheets for making learning fun with a spring theme. Use these at home, in the classroom as part of a spring math center, or as extra practice in your homeschool.
The very hungry caterpillar printables pdf
The very hungry caterpillar worksheet
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is arguably one of Eric Carle’s best loved stories. The author and illustrator has been popular for years for bright, colorful illustrative style, and this book is no exception. Kids love the tale of a tiny green caterpillar who spend a solid week eating through a variety of tasty treats. Eventually the little guy is not so little, and spins a cocoon to begin his metamorphosis. Young readers love the vibrant reveal at the end of the story, when the green caterpillar has become a beautiful butterfly.
the very hungry caterpillar printables coloring pages
The story is popular for it’s simple, repetitive style. Young readers can easily join in on choruses of ‘but he was still hungry!’ The story follows a week in the life of the little caterpillar, listing the days of the week in progression, making it a great choice for discussions of days and sequencing. The little fellow eats through 1 apple, 2 pears, and so on, so the book lends itself well to counting and math skills. Finally, the life cycle of a caterpillar is presented in a simple, concise way, making the book a wonderful choice for early science discussions about life cycles and metamorphosis.
the very hungry caterpillar worksheet pdf
As I mentioned above, The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a wonderful choice as inspiration for math practice. Since 100 charts are such a popular way to develop strong number sense, I created 2 to compliment the story. Kids will enjoy coloring bright, vibrant renditions of both the hungry little caterpillar and the beautiful butterfly while practicing number recognition independently.
- Free printable Caterpillar 100 Chart and Butterfly 100 Chart.
- Colored pencils, crayons or markers.
the very hungry caterpillar worksheets
- Print a copy of both 100 Charts for each child.
- Encourage child to color by number according to the top of each page to reveal the hidden images of the hungry caterpillar and the beautiful butterfly.
Enjoy this fun, relaxing art activity after story time. It’s a perfect pairing of colorful creativity and important math concepts.
very hungry caterpillar printables
Plus don’t miss these very hungry caterpillar printables!
- Super cute, HUGE pack of FREE The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Days of the Week Printables
- Free The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables Tracing Numbers Worksheets
- Learning about Money Hungry Caterpillar Game Printable
- THe Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards – NUMBERS
- Hundreds Chart Coloring The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- 26 Super Cute The Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts and Activities
- Plus, don’t miss our Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables – CVC Words Activities
Looking for more free kindergarten math printables and fun math activities for kindergartners? We’ve got lots of fun kindergarten math:
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets are a really fun way for kindergartners to work on counting and visual discriminiation skills!
- Farm Animals I Spy Printables
- Bugs I Spy Worksheets
- Summer Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable Worksheets
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Color by 100s Chart
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Gingerbread Man Sequencing Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Sequencing with There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow pdf
- Count and Trace with Candy Pumpkin Printables
- Kite Skip Counting Math Craft (free printable!)
- Sandcastle Math Subtraction Craft (freebie)
- 100 Number Sense Activities and Games
Kindergarten Math Printables
- What Comes Next Math Pencil Strips
- Farm Do a Dot Printables Numbers – use bingo daubers to make numbers 1-10, count farm animals, and trace numbers too
- Dinosaur Math Worksheets for practicing a variety of math skills
- Snowman Place Value Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Star Wars Number Tracing
- Free Printable Writing Number Worksheets
- Teaching about currency with Money Puzzles
- Learning about Coins Money Sorting Mat
- Hot Dog Number Words Activity
- Kindergarten Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Super cute Goldfish Addition
- Count and smash Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free Sticky Number Bonds Kindergarten Worksheets
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Kindergarten Summer Pool Beach Balls Count and Trace Numbers 1-20
- 70 Fun and FREE Kindergarten Math Games
- Super cute, Free Printable Coloring Calendar 2021
hungry caterpillar printables
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!