Kids will have fun practicing identifying beginning sounds with these fun Beginning Sound Clip Cards.
FREE Beginning Sounds for Kindergarten
Looking for more fun activities for exploring beginning sounds as kids work to improve phonics skills? You will love these:
- Beginning Sounds Worksheets with Bingo Dabuers
- Alphabet Sounds Beginning match Game
- Letter Sounds Alphabet Cards activity with magnetic letters
- Apple Alphabet Clipping Cards
- Christmas Phonics Puzzles
- Consonant Blends Puzzles
This Free Beginning Sound Clip Cards set includes 52 cards to practice all 26 alphabet letters in both upper case letters and lowercase letters.
The colorful, fun images and hands on clipping activity makes it fun for preschool and kindergarten age kids to practice the sound letters make for better fluency.
LOW PREP! I love low prep learning activities, don’t you? For this activity all you need to do is download the free printable, print in color, and use a laminator or durability. Then cut apart the cards and you are all ready for a literacy center, after school activity, hands on homeschool project, or summer learning activity!
Have children say the name of the picture out loud and listen for the sound at the beginning of the word.. Then have them put the mini clothespins over the letter that makes that sound.
HINT: I suggest putting circle stickers on the back to make these self-checking! You can do it however you like, but what we did was to put a red sticker on the back of the correct answer and green ones behind the others. This was kind of sneaky to not give away the answer as kids would naturally want to put the clothespin over the green if they cheated, but since they cover the correct answer (red) all they will see when they check is green – so they have the right answer. If they see red it is wrong.
Kindergarten Alphabet Worksheets
Download Beginning Sound Clip Cards
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!