Kids will have fun practicing identifying initial sounds with these super cute, free printable, beginning sounds clip cards. This phonics activity helps preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students work on phonemic awareness and learning to listen for the sounds letters make in the beginning of words. There are 26 beginning sound cards A to Z.
Beginning Sounds Clip Cards
Help your preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students practice identifying beginning sounds with these free Beginning Sounds Clip Cards. This beginning sounds activity is low prep phonics printable that turns practicing identifying initial sounds into a fun beginning sounds game. We’ve included beginning sounds A-Z in the template.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this easy way for kids to practice identifying the sounds letters make. Use this as extra practice, literacy center, or supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
Beginning sound cards
Free beginning sounds games
The colorful, cute clipart images pair with a fun clip cards activity to make an engaging and effective ay for children to practice the sound letters make for better fluency.
LOW PREP! I love low prep learning activities, don’t you? For this activity all you need to do is download the free printable, print in color, and use a laminator or durability. Then cut apart the cards and you are all ready for a literacy center, after school activity, hands on homeschool project, or summer learning activity!
Beginning sounds games
Have children say the name of the picture out loud and listen for the sound at the beginning of the word.. Then have them put the mini clothespins over the letter that makes that sound.
Beginning sound clip cards
HINT: I suggest putting circle stickers on the back to make these self-checking! You can do it however you like, but what we did was to put a red sticker on the back of the correct answer and green ones behind the others. This was kind of sneaky to not give away the answer as kids would naturally want to put the clothespin over the green if they cheated, but since they cover the correct answer (red) all they will see when they check is green – so they have the right answer. If they see red it is wrong.
Beginning Sounds Worksheets & Activities
If you are looking for more initial sound activities and many beginning sound worksheets, you will love these free printable ideas:
- Super cute, Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
Kindergarten Alphabet Worksheets
Download Beginning Sound Clip Cards
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!