Kindergarten kids will love these Valentine themed beginning sound cards! Looking for a fun way to reinforce letter sounds? These printable puzzle cards will kids identifying the beginning sound letter and pictures, then match them to build their love penguins.
Penguin Activities for Kids
- Counting Penguin Clip Cards
- Penguin Life Cycle Worksheets
- Penguin Pre K Sight Word Mazes
- Penguin Color Matching Activity
- 30 Crafts for Penguin Awareness Day on Jan 20th
- Printable Penguin Sorting Activity
- P is for Penguin Handprint Craft for Kids
Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
Print as many sets as you need for the number of students in your class – you could also print these cards in greyscale (choose this option before you print them out).
Need an engaging beginning sounds activity this February? These fun puzzle cards will get kids to identify the letter shown on the male penguin card, find the matching beginning sounds picture found on the female penguin and match the pieces together. Firstly, have the male penguin cards in a deck and then spread the other beginning sounds picture cards on the table. The kids will then choose a letter card, they identify the letter on it ‘b’ and then go looking for the matching beginning sounds picture card on the penguins.
Once they find it, they take these two cards and lay them out next to each other. They continue this until all their cards are done. Another way you could play this game is print it out in greyscale with two or three pages on one sheet, then tell the kids to cut and paste the penguins into their notebooks. These will make for great keepsakes or even independent practice.
Want to challenge your kids further? Play these game as a scavenger hunt! Place the beginning sound picture cards around the room and then have the kids go looking for the matching picture cards. They can do this in a group as a competitive fun game!
Kids will love playing with this amazing, 2 ingredient SNOW DOUGH that is actually cold to the touch!
This super cute Snowman Craft uses circle stickers to create this fun-to-make winter craft.
Download Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!