Kindergarten kids will love these Valentine themed beginning sound cards! Looking for a fun way to reinforce letter sounds? These printable puzzle cards will kids identifying the beginning sound letter and pictures, then match them to build their love penguins.
Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
Print as many sets as you need for the number of students in your class – you could also print these cards in greyscale (choose this option before you print them out). Need an engaging beginning sounds activity this February? These fun puzzle cards will get kids to identify the letter shown on the male penguin card, find the matching beginning sounds picture found on the female penguin and match the pieces together. Firstly, have the male penguin cards in a deck and then spread the other beginning sounds picture cards on the table. The kids will then choose a letter card, they identify the letter on it ‘b’ and then go looking for the matching beginning sounds picture card on the penguins.
Once they find it, they take these two cards and lay them out next to each other. They continue this until all their cards are done. Another way you could play this game is print it out in greyscale with two or three pages on one sheet, then tell the kids to cut and paste the penguins into their notebooks. These will make for great keepsakes or even independent practice. Want to challenge your kids further? Play these game as a scavenger hunt! Place the beginning sound picture cards around the room and then have the kids go looking for the matching picture cards. They can do this in a group as a competitive fun game!
Ad more playful penguin activities, worksheets, and ideas to your day with these resources:
- Colors Penguin Matching Game
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Printable Penguins Counting clip cards activity
- Penguin Life Cycle Worksheets and themed learning activities
- Cute penguin crafts for penguin awareness day
- Fun, Penguin themed beginning sounds picture cards
- Penguin handprint craft for kids
- Shape penguins sorting activity for preschoolers and kindergartners
Beginning Sounds Activities
If you are looking for more initial sound activities, you will love these free printable ideas:
- Super cute, Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
Penguin Activities for Kids
- Counting Penguin Clip Cards
- Penguin Life Cycle Worksheets
- Penguin Pre K Sight Word Mazes
- Penguin Color Matching Activity
- 30 Crafts for Penguin Awareness Day on Jan 20th
- Printable Penguin Sorting Activity
- P is for Penguin Handprint Craft for Kids
Download Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!