Looking for a fun way to get kids to learn skip counting? These penguin Skip Counting Activity is perfect for your Valentines Day theme! Kindergarten and first grade students will have fun with this skip counnting printables that helps students practice counting 2s, counting by 3s, and counting by 5s. Learners will use dry erase markers or magnetic numbers, and then skip count to solve the number puzzles on each strip. Skip counting by 2, skip counting by 3 and skip counting by 5 included. SImply download pdf file with penguin printablse and you are ready for this fun Valentines Day Activity in February.
Skip Counting Activity
Are you working on skip counting with kindergarteners or grade 1 students? This super cute penguin activity allows students to practice how to count by 2, count by 3, and count by 5 while having fun with a skip counting activities perfect for adding to your penguin theme on Valentine’s Day! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this simple, low prep math activity for kindergartners! Use it at home, in the classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Skip Counting Printable
Skip Counting Kindergarten
- A4 paper
- Unifix cubes for counting practice
Print as many strip templates as you need for the number of students in your class. These cards can be laminated for durability but it is not necessary. You can differentiate these strips and use numbers up to 5 with some of your learners depending on their level.
Valentines Day Activity
Prepare and cut up the skip counting strips you can place these in a mini tub along with unifix cubes so the kids can pretend they are helping the penguins to their partners. There are also black and white options. Be sure to have enough cubes and strips. The students will then choose a strip, then begin to skip count by that number. They can also use unifix cubes to assist them as they learn to skip count by 2,5 and 6. Watch the students as they do this – have them even roll play dough to create the skip counting numbers. Some kids will begin building their unifix cubes right away– that’s ok too. Just be sure they are doing this correctly. The cubes you purchase can be used to connect and build just make sure that you buy the right ones that can do this too.
These tasks can easily be differentiated with your learners. So have the younger kids work on number 2 strips and the advanced learners working on numbers 5.
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more skip counting games and activities. Kids will love counting and building using sundae scoops.
Valentines Day Activities for Kindergartners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this Valentines Day Math
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Color by Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Worksheets
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Valentiens Day Symmetry for Kids – kids will have fun learning about symmetry with these drawing prompts.
- ABC Valentines Day Worksheets – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentine’s Day Math Craft – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut and paste math craft
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Snap Cube Valentines Day Worksheets – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiment is a fun and simple science experiment that will delight kids of all ages!
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines rhymes for kids
- Valentines Alphabet Activity – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- CVC Words Valentines Day Worksheets– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Chocolate Shape Valentine Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Lock and Key valentine matching game printable – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Alphabet Valentines Day Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s Day Worksheets!
Valentines Day Crafts
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Wow! These FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages are sure to keep kids engaged
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kid
Skip Counting Activities
We have lots of fun skip counting activities and free worksheets for elementary age students!
- Free skip counting games, spring Skip Counting Games, printable skip counting mazes, Oregon Trail math game
- Skip Counting Worksheets 1s-15s, Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets, free skip counting dot to dot, fun connect the dots constellations worksheet pdf, follow the path skip counting printables, hundreds chart skip counting chart
- Skip counting charts 1-15, skip counting anchor chart, or these cute Skip Counting posters
- Kite skip counting craft, 50+ skip counting puzzles, ocean skip counting dot to dot
- Bunny skip counting printable clip cards, monster skip count by 4 clip cards, penguin skip counting strips, sundae skip counting activities for kindergarten, fairy tale counting in 2s
- Seasonal skip counting: christmas worksheets, free christmas skip counting puzzles, fun fall worksheets, easter math, pumpkin seed skip counting, turkey math, winter math skip counting puzzles
- Smores skip counting activities, hands-on skip counting ideas like self-checking lacing plates, world landmarks skip counting puzzles, number train skip counting activity, skip count star wars worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!