These free Fairy Tales worksheets are a great way for children to practice and improve their reading comprehension, vocabulary and their writing skills. They will also be working on their letter and word recognition which is an important part of learning to read. Use these reading comprehension worksheets with kindergarten and first graders to read some common fairytale stories such as The 3 Little Pigs, Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, Jack and the Beanstalk, The Gingerbread Man and Little Red Riding Hood. Simply print
Fairy Tale Worksheets
Help preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students work on reading comprehension with these fairy tale worksheets! These reading comprehension worksheets are a great way to to ensure students are understanding what they are reading and able to recall key information from the passages they’ve read. For this no-prep fairy tale reading comprehension simply print free printable pdf worksheets, read the passage from 7 classic fairytales, and answer the questions below the passage.
Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Fairy tale reading comprehension
Use these free, printable worksheets to practice and improve reading comprehension, vocabulary and writing. Also, through completing these worksheets children will be practicing their reading skills, as well as their understanding and making sense of material that they read. These are important skills that they will need later in life. These simple, yet thorough worksheets are a wonderful tool for young children to help improve their literacy skills.
Fairy tale comprehension worksheets pdf
Each reading passage is followed by exercises which for younger students focus on recalling information directly from the text and for older students focus on prediction, inference and character traits. In this downloadable pack, you will receive 7 different reading comprehension worksheets, all relating to a different fairy tale – The 3 Little Pigs, Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, Jack and the Beanstalk, The Gingerbread Man and Little Red Riding Hood.
fairy tales worksheets pdf
To complete these worksheets, children will read the sentences in the box at the top of the page. Then they will answer four questions below. They can circle the answer and then practice their handwriting by writing the answer on the line provided.
printable fairy tales pdf
These worksheets could be laminated and held together with a ring. Then children can use a dry-erase marker to complete the activities.
To increase their learning, they could also read the fairy tales before completing the activities. As there are many variations of these stories, they can read a few different ones and compare the differences. If there are any words that they haven’t come across before, they could learn how to use a dictionary and find the meanings of these words.
Nursery Rhyme Activities
Looking for some fun rhyming activiies featuring classic nursery rhymes? You will love these clever activities, nursery rhyme games, and nursery rhyme printables:
- 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie craft and activity for kids
- Free Nursery Rhymes Worksheets
- Printable little bo peep activities for preschool
- 20 counting nursery rhymes activities
- Roses are red poems for kids rhyming activity
- 5 Little Snowman Rhyming Activity
- Name recognition twinkle twinkle little star activities
- Farmer and the Delly Rhyming Activity
- Hickory dickory dock game
- Five little monkeys printables coutning book
- Hey Diddle Diddle Activities with free printable game
- Fairy Tale Worksheets Writing the Room Activity
- Free Printable Little REd Riding Hood Worksheets
- 7 Classic Fairy Tale Worksheets to work on reading comprehension
Reading Comprehension Printables
Help children improve reading comprehension with these free printable resources:
- Mammal Reading Comprehension Worksheets
- St Patrick’s day reading comprehension
- Gingerbread man comprehension questions
- Pizza Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension Bookmarks
- London Themed Free Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Fairy tales worksheets pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Fairy Tale Printables <<